Asset Manager - Electricity Transmission Assets
Asset Manager - Electricity Transmission Assets
Circa £60000 - £80000 base + Benefits (£5,500 Flexible Allowance, Private Health Insurance, Private Dental Cover, Pension scheme at 13% - non-contributory) + up to 30% Bonus
Our client is a firm member of the Electricity Transmission industry; specialising in strategical investment in offshore electricity transmission systems across Europe.
This exciting role sits within a dynamic team will cover the life cycle management of existing and recently acquired offshore transmission assets.
As the newly appointed Asset Manager, you will be responsible for assisting the Technical Director and Senior Asset Manager in the asset management of the transmission portfolio, with a focus on the day to day asset management of a specific part of the portfolio, ensuring business objectives are met including the provision of timely and accurate reports to the Board.
The Asset Manager will be exposed to a wide variety of technical and commercial asset management issues which require significant industry, regulatory and related engineering, and commercial knowledge together with the ability to manage an outsourced operations and maintenance service provider.
The role also requires knowledge of the System Operator Code, electricity industry standards, codes, regulations, and the management of contracts. In addition, the Asset Manager will assist the Senior Asset Manager in the development of the firm’s asset management strategy including, commercial contracts, to drive forward existing businesses and future investment opportunities.
Finally, there will be the opportunity assist in the development of tenders and undertaking due-diligence for new investment opportunities.
Key tasks will include but may not be limited to:
- The asset management of UK offshore transmission system and future projects including;
- managing and ensuring compliance with the Project Agreement, Project Documents, statutory / regulatory compliance, and managing and developing process and procedures with regard to health, safety, security, environment and asset management;
- management of outsourced Operations and Maintenance (“O&M”) providers;
- production of the risk register with specific responsibility for the management of all operational risks;
- review of current, and future life cycle work management plans for all inspections, surveys and maintenance work to be undertaken by the O&M provider in line with the Asset Management Strategy;
- chairman of monthly O&M provider meetings;
- incident management and review, providing recommendations to senior management for all operational incidents / asset failures;
- Identification of trends in asset performance and put in place appropriate management actions in conjunction with the O&M provider;
- management of additional work ensuring work is undertaken cost effectively, timely and to quality;
- outage management in conjunction with the O&M provider and National Grid Electricity Transmission System Operator (“NETSO”);
- management of health, safety, environmental and asset management including undertaking audits of the O&M service provider and providing reports to senior management;
- potentially authorised as Senior Authorised Person and Control Person under safety rules to assist fault investigation, rectification work and if required maintenance work in conjunction with the O&M provider;
- reporting and/or assisting in the reporting to lenders, lenders technical advisor insurers, and regulatory authorities etc.; and
- stakeholder management.
- Assisting the Senior Asset Manager in the management of other service providers from a standpoint of investors and directors.
- Provision of appropriate technical challenge and review both internal and external.
- Assist in the development of offshore transmission asset life cycle management including, marine and offshore maintenance and fault rectification, maintenance planning, management and implementation, determination of trends of failure and implementation of plans to ensure good asset performance.
- Provide technical advice in-conjunction with the Senior Asset Manager to Group commercial staff.
- Evaluation of technical reports from O&M providers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (“OEM”), consultants and industry bodies which are relevant to the OFTO assets in the UK and offshore transmission assets in Europe to ensure asset integrity and reliability.
- Representation with regulators, professional bodies or trade associations to ensure compliance with laws, codes, and regulations.
- Assist the Technical Director and Senior Asset Manager in the development and tendering for future projects.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Degree level education or the equivalent in an engineering (preferably electrical) discipline;
- Demonstrable experience of electricity transmission technology and a proven knowledge and understanding of all related technologies;
- Experience of managing outsourced contractors, developing, and negotiated outsourced contracts from technical and commercial aspects;
- Proven asset management ability to develop asset management strategies using condition monitoring and utilising asset databases and reporting tools;
- Knowledge and understanding of all key business issues that impact electricity transmission assets;
- Proven ability to develop working relationships quickly and effectively within a small team and externally with outsourced service providers;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, articulate, diplomatic but able to “get the job done”; and
- Strong work ethic; the ability to work ‘hands on’ to tight deadlines and be able to deal with competing priorities.
- Chartered Engineer status or working towards is preferable.
- membership of relevant professional body is preferable e.g. IET.
- Experience of offshore transmission, subsea cables especially their condition monitoring, failure mechanisms and repair techniques;
- Proven in-depth knowledge of electricity regulation and knowledge of NETSO;
- Experience of major construction contracts and the management thereof;
- Experience of project financed companies and working with lenders and their advisors;
- IOSH/NEBOSH qualification;
Apply for Asset Manager - Electricity Transmission Assets
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly