Transport for London (TfL)
About Transport for London (TfL)
We work to keep London moving and make transport accessible for all. We are the local government organisation responsible for most aspects of London's transport system.
Our role is to implement the Mayor's Transport Strategy. We also manage those services across the Capital for which the Mayor is responsible.
Virtually everyone who visits, lives or works in London will use one of our services and every one of those journeys matters to us....
We are here to keep London working and growing, and to make life in the Capital better.
• London Buses
• London Underground
• Docklands Light Railway (DLR)
• London Overground
• London Tramlink (trams)
• London River Services
• Victoria Coach Station
• Barclays Cycle Hire
• Emirates Air Line
We also have other responsibilities including:
• Managing the Congestion Charge
• Maintaining 580km of main roads and all of the Capital’s traffic lights
• Regulating the taxis and private hire trade
• Making transport more accessible through coordinating schemes for people with impaired mobility and running Dial-a-Ride alongside the London boroughs Taxicard scheme
• Promoting a range of walking and cycling initiatives