Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl)
About Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl)
The Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl) is the science inside UK defence and security. A proven national asset, Dstl is an executive agency of the Ministry of Defence (MOD) providing world class expertise and delivering cutting-edge science and technology for the benefit of the nation and allies.
Who we are
Dstl is one of the principal government organisations dedicated to science and technology in the defence and security field.
Dstl supplies specialist services to MOD and wider government, working collaboratively with external partners in industry and academia worldwide, providing expert research, specialist advice and invaluable operational support.
We are innovative, collaborative and impactful.
Our responsibilities include:
- supplying sensitive and specialist science and technology services for MOD and wider government
- providing and facilitating expert advice, analysis and assurance on defence procurement
- leading on the MOD’s science and technology programme
- understanding risks and opportunities through horizon-scanning
- acting as a trusted interface between MOD, wider government, the private sector and academia to provide science and technology support to military operations by the UK and her allies
- championing and developing science and technology skills across MOD
5 jobs with Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl)
In this role you be working on high-impact, interesting and exciting, customer-facing work strands and build strong networks with our partners.
Can you help to protect the UK from emerging cyber threats?
We have a range of opportunities, for aspiring to expert Data Scientists and Data Engineers.
The Principal Adviser (PrinAd) is a programme delivery role, and one of the technical S&T career roles within Dstl.
We are looking for up to 6 Engineers to help ensure we are able to provide UK MoD with the support it needs moving forwards.