University of Oxford
About University of Oxford
People are the foundation of the University’s success. The quality of our academic, research and professional services staff is critical to our future.
We aim to recruit and retain the very best staff, providing a diverse, open and inclusive environment that allows everyone to grow and flourish. We welcome you to join us in our mission to remain a world-leading institution for research and teaching.
Our Strategic Plan includes these three commitments:
To attract, recruit and retain the highest calibre staff
- We ensure that our rewards arrangements, including pension provision, are robust, transparent and competitive.
- We actively promote health and wellbeing so that our people are able to give their best to their work and feel valued.
- We support working parents and all those with caring responsibilities.
To work towards an increasingly diverse staffing profile
- We believe that the broad range of cultural and other experiences that a diverse workforce brings will help the University maintain and develop its international outlook.
- We foster an inclusive culture that promotes equality of opportunity, values diversity and maintains a working, learning and social environment in which the rights and dignity of our staff are respected.
To support staff in personal and professional development
- We actively encourage staff at all levels to participate in planning their personal and professional development, enabling them to reach their full potential.
- We strive to continuously strengthen and promote our development programmes for all staff.