Control Systems Engineer
An exciting vacancy has arisen for a Control Systems Engineer to join our Bristol team.
Rolls-Royce Naval requires an experienced Control Systems Engineer to produce software design specifications and subsequently implement the software designs for use in its Automation & Autonomy products that are installed on a range of naval vessels worldwide.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We develop integrated power and propulsion solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
We're at the forefront of innovation and experience in the Marine sector, and our product portfolio ranges from standalone products to complex integrated systems including ship design. A leading provider of propulsion and handling solutions for the maritime offshore, merchant and naval markets, we have more than 4,000 customers, with 70 naval forces and over 30,000 commercial vessels using our equipment.
- Requirements elicitation and management with verification and validation.
- Systems engineering of the specification and detailed functional design of a naval automation/autonomy control system.
- Specification of automation and control hardware and software for integration and interfacing to ship systems.
- Ability in producing Matlab/Simulink code supported with experience and knowledge of using recognised Systems Engineering toolsets and methodologies such as Systems Modelling Language (SysML) for the purpose of understanding software design input information
- Degree qualified with experience from previous technical roles on complex automation and control system projects
- Experience of the following control systems software tools and standards would be highly beneficial: Application software standards (IEC 61131-3),Fieldbus control interfaces (Modbus, Profibus etc.) Siemens S7 1500 series Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) equipment,Safety Integrity Levels (SIL) as per IEC 61508
- Knowledge of marine classification regulations (DNV-GL, Lloyds, ABS) and Installation and commissioning experience of control systems
- Direct naval or military system knowledge would be an advantage but a systems engineering and process driven approach to control system software design is considered more important than specific domain knowledge
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts
Create the performance of the future. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.