System Engineer – Analyst Information Management
General Dynamics UK is looking for engineers to be part of an exciting new programme for the Ministry of Defence that will modernise the existing tactical mobile network for the British Armed Forces. The programme delivers new capability and performance of the computing, communications and situational awareness for the soldier.
The programme will develop and deliver a new system based on an open tactical CIS architecture that integrates existing and new communication products. The system includes specification and procurement of software and hardware products as well as development of new hardware and software products and software interfaces to open up the existing tactical CIS system to support reduced integration effort and cost while enabling the system for future evolution with new technology and capability.
In order to deliver the TP programme GDMS have adopted an Agile Methodology in the form of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) and is applying it across the whole system and product development lifecycle. This is as a step change approach from traditional waterfall delivery model designed to enable continuous delivery and validation of solutions, with flexibility to respond to changing customer requirements, foster innovation and promote collaborative working between team and Customer stakeholders based on shared interest, values and goals.
- Tactical networks and radio bearers
- Hosting of applications and services on EvO infrastructure
- Management of information and information services in the EvO TacCIS system
- System management including planning, configuration, monitoring, provisioning
- Interoperability between the EvO TacCIS system and external systems, including the legacy BCIP system; and integration of legacy equipment and platforms
- Microsoft Windows and cross platform development
Candidate must have experience in one or more of the following areas acquired through relevant job roles:
- Tactical networks including radio bearers for voice and data communications including network/bearer protocols for voice, reliable data delivery, routing, address resolution including those applicable to wired and wireless environments. Including planning, configuration and monitoring.
- User Applications and Services, including specification, selection or development, system integration, deployment, provisioning and support
- Information management solutions, enterprise integration patterns, information exchange requirements, data schemas, relevant technologies for information storage, distribution, exploitation within enterprise systems and edge systems
- System management, including planning, provisioning and monitoring for large enterprise/networked systems. Familiar with applicable (open) standards interfaces, enterprise design patterns, and selection of relevant technologies and solutions to meet system requirements.
- Systems interoperability including information exchange requirements, interoperability formats and standards, gateway equipment, information exchange interface , planning and security considerations, and other lines of development
Expertise in specifying solutions and approaches for the integration of legacy equipment and software with consideration of backwards compatibility, maintainability etc