Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security.
In the UK, Leonardo operates from 6 main sites (Basildon, Bristol, Edinburgh, Luton, Southampton and Yeovil) employing around 7,000 highly skilled people, 67% of whom hold highly skilled positions. The company makes a significant contribution to the UK economy with revenues of over £2bn, around 50% of which are in export. Our products and capabilities range from manufacturing world-leading helicopters, the design and integration of radars, avionics and advanced targeting systems, the provision of secure communications and cyber security solutions through to development of cutting-edge optronics that sees us support sectors as diverse as defence, documentaries and sports.
Job Description and Skills
We are looking for talented, enthusiastic, hardworking Scientists and Engineers at all levels with expertise in high performance FPGA design, DSP algorithm development, and highly integrated SoC platforms to join our Firmware Team at Luton.
Your role in the design of complex FPGAs will form part of our self-protection systems installed on fast jet, UAV, land and naval platforms. You will get the opportunity to develop your skills in firmware design and with the latest FPGA technologies.
You will work with the support of world class experts in their field, using world class facilities to deliver designs that meet challenging future customer requirements. Your role may even take you across the UK or abroad for technical reviews.
You should have a degree (or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering, Physics or Mathematics, whilst a PhD or EngD in this field would be an asset.
Experience of design tools such as Xilinx, TCL, Verilog, System Verilog, UVM and FPGA architectures such as Xilinx 7 and UltraScale will also be an asset
We will support your personal development with training and help you to work towards professional accreditation if you wish.
We work in a modern, flexible environment that can accommodate your personal needs wherever possible.
Due to the nature of the tasks involved, any candidate being considered must be capable of achieving full SC security clearance and may require access to caveated information such as UK Eyes Only and ITAR export controls.
At Leonardo, we believe that our employees work best when they are able to achieve balance between work and other aspects of life. That’s why we are committed to designing policies and developing a working environment that promote the benefits and well-being of all our employees. Our benefits include:
- Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Generous relocation package: We offer an excellent package to ease the move for people relocating for work.
- Award-winning pension scheme: Our multi-award-winning pension scheme includes generous employer contribution.
- Flexible working and additional flex-leave schemes: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life.
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare voucher scheme: We encourage working parents to save money on childcare by offering them several advantageous facilities and vouchers.
- Maternity leave: We have very flexible working arrangements and advantageous Maternity Policy
- Paternity, parental, adoption and dependent leave: We care to ensure that we consider every aspect of your needs. All these policies are covered as part of our Work-Life Balance Policy.
- Learning & Development: We help assess your development needs in line with the role you wish to perform, and allow you to further develop your knowledge.
- Reserve Forces: We provide positive support to the Reserve Forces and allow employees who are Reservists to take additional time off.
If you believe you have the knowledge and experience to enhance our team, and would value the opportunity of working in a flexible and supportive environment across a variety of exciting domains, please upload your CV and cover letter below, once submitted your application is sent directly to the Leonardo HR Team.
You can email Kay Alexander the HR Manager for this role for an informal discussion - email@example.com
Security Clearance requirements – please consider before applying
You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.