An opportunity has arisen for a small number of Electronics Engineers, with a background in continued product development, to join our new team in Bristol. These appointments will support this growing business which specialises in precision navigation, stabilisation and guidance technology for the aerospace and defence sectors.
As an Electronics Engineer at Bristol, you will be responsible for:
- Implementation of post-Final Design Review design changes
- Value engineering improvements to existing designs
- Obsolescence engineering of existing designs
- Qualification of implemented design changes
- Interfacing with key suppliers, customers and stakeholders
Your work may include travel to UK and foreign customer sites for technical meetings, trials and programme reviews.
You will be joining a highly successful business, employing just 280, that designs and manufactures products for the precision control, navigation and guidance of land and airborne platforms in the international aerospace and defence markets. The unique, patented design of our MEMS-based inertial measurement units has brought us a global market lead in weapon’s guidance and our predictive ground collision avoidance system, TERPROM®, flies on aircraft around the world, including all RAF front line jets. We are currently developing a range of market disrupting, ultra-precise devices that we believe will help redefine what is possible in platform control.
Working for UTC Aerospace Systems means you will join a global enterprise and one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defence products. With 42,000 employees across 150 sites worldwide, the company designs, manufactures and services systems and components and provides integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms.
Working at the Bristol operation, you will be part of the launch team of just 8 that will open this new site to support this growing business - with its main site in Plymouth. The size of the Bristol team will increase significantly within a year to meet the increasing needs of the operation. You will live in this vibrant city within a beautiful region of the UK, with access to both coast and countryside. You will work in a modern, high-quality office, with on-site car parking, in a pleasant location to the west of Bristol and with easy access to the M5.
You will be offered flexible working hours and will be able to take advantage of a scholar scheme to further encourage study. You will have access to a flexible benefits scheme, which you will help shape, and which will allow you to build a benefits package that works for you. Among the list of benefits are: BUPA health care, dental care, life assurance, travel insurance, a scheme for purchasing additional days of holiday, a cycle to work plan, and many others.
- Qualified to a good degree level in Electronics Engineering, Control Engineering, or a closely related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of some, or all, of the following - ideally gained in an aerospace or defence environment focused on in-service product maintenance:
- Low noise digitisation schemes, including analogue signal conditioning, multiplexing and ADC techniques.
- FPGA design (VHDL), allowing a high level of digital electronic integration
- DSP design using low cost processors
- Complex small signal analogue closed loop design and development
- Integration strategies and design proving
- Schematic capture, PCB layout and routing, and simulation of the electronics design
Please note: potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities.
Salary and package
Excellent package - flexible based on skills and experience
Join us and develop your skills and expertise working for this specialist team in a highly innovative sector and an international environment.
Interested candidates should email their CV below.
Apply for Electronics Engineers
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly