Systems Engineers (Product Qualification)
An opportunity has arisen for a small number of Systems Engineers, with a background in product qualification and certification, to join our new team in Bristol. This team forms part of a growing Plymouth-based business which specialises in precision navigation, stabilisation and guidance technology for the aerospace and defence sectors.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analysis of system requirements, generating requirement specifications and tracking compliance
- Design proving, qualification testing, analysis and reporting
- Providing support for planning, estimation and project management
- Providing support for systems integration and customer trials
The role may include travel to UK and foreign customer sites to support technical meetings, trials and programme reviews.
You will be joining a highly successful business, employing just 280, that designs and manufactures products for the precision control, navigation and guidance of land and airborne platforms in the international aerospace and defence markets. The unique, patented design of our MEMS-based inertial measurement units has brought us a global market lead in weapon’s guidance and our predictive ground collision avoidance system, TERPROM®, flies on aircraft around the world, including all RAF front line jets. We are currently developing a range of market disrupting, ultra-precise devices that we believe will help redefine what is possible in platform control.
Working for UTC Aerospace Systems means you will join a global enterprise and one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defence products. With 42,000 employees across 150 sites worldwide, the company designs, manufactures and services systems and components and provides integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms.
Working at the Bristol operation, you will be part of the launch team of just 8 that will open this new site to support this growing business - with its main site in Plymouth. The size of the Bristol team will increase significantly within a year to meet the increasing needs of the operation. You will live in this vibrant city within a beautiful region of the UK, with access to both coast and countryside. You will work in a modern, high-quality office, with on-site car parking, in a pleasant location to the west of Bristol and with easy access to the M5.
You will be offered flexible working hours and will be able to take advantage of a scholar scheme to further encourage study. You will have access to a flexible benefits scheme, which you will help shape, and which will allow you to build a benefits package that works for you. Among the list of benefits are: BUPA health care, dental care, life assurance, travel insurance, a scheme for purchasing additional days of holiday, a cycle to work plan, and many others.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of qualification test planning, test support, analysis, and reporting, covering any of Environmental, EMC or Functional aspects.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a Systems Engineering role on product design and development, ideally to military or civil aerospace standards.
- Experience of the full new product introduction lifecycle (concept definition to product launch)
- Applicants must have a minimum of a 2.1 BEng in Systems Engineering or a similar Engineering discipline.
Useful additional experience in some of:
- Mathematical modelling tools (e.g. Matlab)
- Inertial systems and measurement
- Model-based systems design
- Background in products incorporating electronics, firmware and/or embedded software
- Design certification to EASA / FAA standards
- Management of technical teams and/or project lead experience
- International collaboration, multi-cultural team-working
Please note - potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities.
Salary and package
Excellent package - flexible based on skills and experience
Join us and develop your skills and expertise working for this specialist team in a highly innovative sector and an international environment.
Interested candidates should email their CV below: