Marine Engineering Technician (Mechanical)
The Port of London Authority has a wide range of responsibilities along the tidal Thames. Actively promoting safe use of the river, we strive to safeguard its valuable environment, balancing these requirements with our desire to encourage more commercial activity.
The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking maintenance of machinery and hull systems in a fleet of small commercial craft (up to 36m), shore facilities and piers whilst supervising the work of other technical staff/contractors within the Marine Section of the Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Dept.
In return, you will receive a generous salary of £35,347, 28 days annual leave, a contributory pension scheme and a Private Health Cash Plan.
- Have served a recognised engineering apprenticeship.
- Be educated to a minimum HNC in an appropriate engineering subject.
- Be highly motivated and able to work separately or as part of a team.
- Possess and maintain a clean UK Full Driving Licence (Manual).
- Be agile, able to climb ladders and to work in small/confined spaces, e.g. small boat engine rooms and tank spaces etc.
Although normal hours of work are 35 per week on a day-work basis, there is a requirement for additional attendance outside this period and on occasion provide call out cover, in response to operational and emergency requirements.
For an informal chat about the position, please contact Dave Fallows (Mechanical & Electrical Engineer) on 01474 562478 or email email@example.com
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Friday 15 June 2018