Senior Manufacturing Quality Engineer
2 days left
- Job Type
What’s the opportunity?
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Manufacturing Quality Engineer to join the Manufacturing Quality Engineering team as they provide professional quality support to the Manufacturing team in the UK. This is a particularly exciting time as, due to an increasing workload, the Manufacturing team has recently transferred to a new facility in Bolton.
What will you be doing?
Provide guidance and support to the Non-conformance Management process, ensuring that relevant non-conformance analysis is conducted during manufacturing and that adequate and appropriate corrective actions are implemented.
The Senior Manufacturing Quality Engineer works closely with the Manufacturing teams and, where appropriate, with Manufacturing Engineering, Design and Procurement departments and other manufacturing areas within MBDA to facilitate the Non-conformance Management Process within specific project teams and to provide guidance on quality issues.
Reporting to the Principal Manufacturing Quality Engineer, responsibilities include the following activities:
- Carry out quality activities in assigned areas in line with all non-conformance management and process improvement activities.
- Evaluate quality related issues in order to develop proposals for investigations and/or solutions, including process improvements
- Investigation and root cause analysis of non-conformance, as appropriate, to support business improvement and improved product quality
- Support to other Engineering groups with respect to non-conformance investigation, diagnostics, data collection, collation and analysis
- Interface with other manufacturing areas within MBDA with regard to resolution of non-conformance
- Participate fully in developing, maintaining and modifying engineering processes and procedures in assigned areas in response to quality related issues.
- Carry out a full range of technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the resolution of problems and the improvement of product and process quality.
- Carry out investigations into a full range of problems, issues or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
- Provide an input as required to cross-functional non-conformance investigations, ensuring appropriate corrective actions are put in place
- Define testing approaches and specify tests in assigned/specialist area(s) and evaluate and make recommendations based on non-conformance analysis, including making suggestions to improve test/diagnosis processes.
- Participate in collaborative ventures at a technical level.
- Keep up to date in relevant technical areas, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services (seeking and sharing good practice and knowledge to continuously improve practices), and supply technical support and expertise to others as required.
- Make engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority
- Support to Non-conformance Review Panels
- Support to Manufacturing Quality Reviews and Project Reviews
- Compilation, processing and analysis of non-conformance data
- Presentation of data in support of non-conformance reviews and improvement initiatives
- Monitor and validate non-conformance data entry into SAP
- Train other personnel in Non-conformance Management and the use of SAP
- Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working and their development.
- Identify, develop and realise opportunities for product and process improvements
What are the benefits for you?
Working in a high technology environment ranging from the manufacture of PEC assemblies through to live build of weapon systems, your broad range of skill and expertise will be called upon to support quality and process improvement initiatives as we drive to maintain our reputation as a leading manufacturer of GW systems
What’s great about joining this team?
The team are actively involved wide range of activities and support a broad range of products and processes.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- Qualified to HND or HNC in Electronic or Electrical Engineering
- Significant and demonstrable experience of working in a manufacturing environment, preferably electronics or light current electrical assembly
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Knowledge of the Seven Quality Tools and an understanding of non-conformance management using SAP would be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and demonstrate a determination and persistence to deliver results despite obstacles and setbacks
Position is based in Bolton, but will require provision of support to Manufacturing at other MBDA sites
Some travel (both UK and international) will be required
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, , and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What you would get
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence) – SC and DV