Electronics System Modeller, Test & Testability
MBDA are looking for an Electronics Systems Modeller to undertake testability activities which involves;
- the creation of a testability model
- gathering functional information (dependencies) from the design team
- supporting the definition of the test requirements
- gathering and inputting reliability data
- analysis and optimisation of systems and sub-system test coverage
- analysis and optimisation of systems and sub-systems diagnostics and ambiguity group
- Support the collation of the Test and Testability requirements from all Customers (Internal, Domestic and Export) across the Product Life Cycle.
- Work with the design teams to ascertain the test coverage for the hardware at each test stage across all build stages
- Support the definition of tests including Built In Test (BIT) and functional test
- Responsible for the creation of the system Testability Model in order to partition and assign test targets to the sub systems.
- Supporting the definition of the project diagnostic and prognostic strategies
- Interface with and manage customer expectations throughout the development process
- Supporting the implementation of the Test and Testability Policy within a Programme.
- Present the result of the analysis to design teams and senior project management
What's in it for you?
- It gives the opportunity to experience a broader view of the development and manufacturing process through interaction with systems designers, Chief Engineers and suppliers. There are future opportunities to become a Test Architect within the Chief Design Engineer (CDE) Project team
- There are about 30 staff within the Electronic and Test Architecture UK Functional Team, who are all co-located with their Project Teams in Stevenage.
Ideally educated to degree level with some experience of Test, Electrical and Electronic engineering, to include:
- Interest in using new complex software modelling tools/analyses tools
- Interest in Electronic design
- Digital electronics and microprocessor systems.
- Analogue electronics and RF.
- Power Electronics
- Excel and other advanced analytical applications
- Modelling with Electronic software packages
- Systems design.
- Safety systems
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers and other stakeholders across the company.
- Determination and desire to succeed.
- Strong interpersonal and well developed communication skills (written & verbal).
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)