Supply Chain Engineer
3 days left
- Job Type
As the world’s leading innovator in online grocery shopping with a pioneering business model, developing our own technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships, there has never been a better time to join us. We pride ourselves on the quality of our people, goods and technological advances that power everything we do.
We are looking to recruit supply chain engineer to join our Engineering Supply Chain team. Working as part of a team you will be responsible for working with a group of suppliers to ensure that equipment and components are provided on time and as needed through both internal and external quality systems and processes through identification, planning and resolution of critical issues.
Role & Responsibilities
- To support existing and future supply chain activities and initiatives across multiple projects, locations, and supply streams
- To liaise with internal customers and external suppliers as required to ensure on time, in full, to budget, zero defect delivery and operation of equipment and components
- Resourcing and procurement of equipment and components, including direct order processing through to delivery and quality support
- Support and delivery of cost reduction programme with key suppliers and commodities
- Manage supplier quality systems and processes
- Support sourcing of alternative second source strategic suppliers and components
- Identification of critical systems and technologies, and contingency planning with key suppliers
- Quality assurance management including testing validation of key suppliers and equipment, including supplier auditing
- Support of equipment and process risk analysis of key suppliers, equipment, components, and schedules, including contingency planning and action
- Support of supplier documentation packages and control systems to monitor and update progress
Requirements for the role:
- Experience of manufacturing systems and techniques
- Experience of electro/mechanical systems and technologies
- Experience within a technical role
- Experience of cost reduction systems and practices lean methodologies (Desirable)
- High level of computer literacy. MS Office and Excel
- HNC / Degree in manufacturing or electromechanical engineering discipline (Desirable)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels
- High level of written and verbal skills
- Capable of working independently & able to develop others to meet targets & deadlines
- Proactive attitude and a willingness to make things happen
- The role will have potential future development and team management opportunities
What are we after?
- Experience of manufacturing systems and techniques, ideally in a technical role
- A “can do” and in it together” attitude and approach to work
- Working knowledge of cost reduction systems and practices (lean technologies)
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to meet demanding targets in a pressurised environment.
- Skills required to manage suppliers in a pro-active way to improve their processes
- Ability to communicate clearly both internally and with suppliers
- Capable of working independently & as part of a team
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- High Level of Computer Literacy, MS Office and Excel
- Although based near Hatfield, you will be expected to travel to other sites.
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Shares
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn schemes
- Discounted shopping on Ocado.com, Smart Pass and destination site
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.
To find out more about us and to apply for this role, please click the APPLY button.