3 days left
- Job Type
Ocado is an award-winning online retailer revolutionising grocery shopping in the UK. Due to a rapid growth in our product development activities we identified a need for a verification engineer.
This role is pivotal to Ocado’s national and international growth, and our continual development of new automation products and equipment.
Ocado have a portfolio of products in the field and in development awaiting production release. The key functions for the Verification Engineer are:
- In conjunction with the reliability engineer define and plan the test strategies for products and subsystems.
- To provide validation of supplier/design reliability claims through developing and implementing appropriate test strategies.
- Identify material and resource requirements for testing.
- Ensure full implementation of test plans.
- Manage and drive the product testing, liaising with Ocado stakeholders and personnel to ensure testing meets schedule.
- Pro-actively identify and manage any constrains / barriers which could affect testing or testing schedule.
- To collate, interpret and report the data generated via testing, identify and clearly communicate problems and variations from requirements.
- To support the identification of root cause and participate in solution generation.
- Identify testing requirements needed to verify any design changes or cost down recommendation
Qualifications & Experience
- Pro-active with can-do attitude
- Strong influencing and communication skills
- Solution orientated
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A high degree of Attention to detail
- A ‘Completer-Finisher’ personality
- A degree in an engineering discipline, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics is desirable
- Proficient in use of MS-Office
- Experience in actively managing product testing, managing resources and prioritising activities.
- Ability to develop and present technical reports/presentations across all levels within the business.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage time appropriately.
- Experience managing and interfacing with internal and external personnel
- Developing experiments and methods based on statistical techniques to support innovation projects.
- Conducting pilot plant trials to support new product development (NPD).
- Writing and implementing validation plans for product, processes and equipment in accordance with FDA and ISO guidelines.
- Flexibility to travel to other sites
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Shares
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn schemes
- Discounted shopping on Ocado.com, Smart Pass and destination site
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.
To find out more about us and to apply for this role, please click the APPLY button.