Software Engineer - Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance Systems
ISR Mission Systems Software Engineer
Raytheon UK, Airborne Solutions, Waddington
As a DAOS approved organization the Airborne Mission Systems Group is able to provide complete Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) operational support and upgrades to Airborne Platforms supported by RTN UK including the Sentinel Mission Systems .
Raytheon UK require a Software Engineer to join the existing Software team developing and implementing software within an Agile framework and developing the test framework and tools. The role will also allow the successful candidate to directly influence the strategy and direction of the software test capability. The role will involve interfacing with the customer on multiple levels, the candidate will be expected to respond to technical queries from both the Customer and RTN UK communities and the software team.
- Design and implement Software solutions to support the Airborne aircraft mission systems.
- Design and document test strategies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring the software product meets the correct standards and customer requirement for delivery.
- Liaise with the Software Architects to understand the software design driven by our customer’s needs.
- Enhance testing and project quality metrics by working with test engineers.
- Review application specification and create documents to identify test scenarios.
- Develop high quality software that is delivered as part of an AGILE Software team.
- Experience of AGILE and Waterfall Software Development Lifecycle, tools and activities with a BSc/BEng in Software Engineering & Science.
- Able to communicate software concepts and design in verbal, written and presentational forms.Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Demonstrable history of providing programs with software solutions to complex problems that require regular use of ingenuity and creativity
- Proficient with Visual Studio 2015 onwards, C#, Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Professional Microsoft Certification
- OO Design \ UML
- Recent experience of using WPF and AKKA.NET
- UI/UX design
- Software Security
- Competency with design patterns and SOLID principles
- Knowledge of working within a Scrum Development team
- Experience working in a Continuous Delivery environment
- Eligible for or Holder of current SC security clearance (RSL will sponsor as required).
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
Times salary ‘Life Assurance’
Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
Enhanced sick pay scheme
Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
38.2 hr working week, with a 9 day fortnight (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role subject to line manager approval.
Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK proactively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I council, Reservist Network etc. and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
Please also view the Raytheon video: http://www.raytheon.com/ourcompany/ourculture/
Apply for Software Engineer - Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance Systems
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly