Mechanical Engineer - all levels
Would you like to play a key role in the design and development of electronic projects? We currently have vacancies for Mechanical Engineers at our site in Rochester.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will be working in the Mechanical Design team, responsible for designing a range of electronic products for military and commercial markets. These include s products such as head up displays for helmets, flight control systems, safety critical avionics systems and other high end avionics.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work on a variety of products within an interesting product line.
Your main responsibilities as a Mechanical Engineer will involve:
- Taking the lead on mechanical design projects, working on the design of avionic products including control sticks, heads up displays, and helmets
- Working independently and alongside a team of engineers and technicians to develop ideas into a detailed scheme
- Carrying out calculations and reports to demonstrate compliance with requirements, including risk reduction testing as required
- Providing a high quality service to customers, on time and within budget, with minimum management oversight
- Supporting progress reporting against schedule and cost targets, identification and allocation of competent resources
- Taking responsibility for coordination of interactions between engineers, ensuring required levels of review and approval are completed
Your skills and qualifications:
- Degree level qualification in Mechanical Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- Mechanical engineering experience across the engineering life cycle (requirements management, detailed design, and testing/ acceptance)
- Ability to take the lead on engineering projects
- CAD experience
- Chartered Engineer (CEng), or actively working towards
- DOORS experience
- Experience with project engineering responsibilities such as progress reporting, scheduling, and resource management
What we're looking for in you:
You will be an innovative and proactive worker, with the ability to work independently, leading projects. You will work well within a team and have excellent communication skills.
Salary: Competitive - dependent on experience
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, childcare vouchers, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
BAE Systems is one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
We support a range of commercial and military platforms, including fixed and rotary wing aircraft, ground vehicles, human-machine interfaces and power management. Our systems operate in more than 100 countries with 25 air forces, 30 manufacturers and 280 airlines. Around 1,500 professionals work here, all focused on delivering innovation and outstanding customer responsiveness. We are a rapidly growing and successful part of one of the world's leading defence, security and aerospace companies.
We pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around. Join us and you'll be part of something important; something you can be proud of. You'll have the opportunity to work from concept to completion, giving you real ownership of projects. Whatever you do, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you're making a difference to people's lives.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.