Manufacturing and Quality Engineer
Manufacturing and Quality Engineer
Would you like a chance to work in a broad, varied and challenging role that combines production, manufacturing and quality responsibilities? We currently have vacancies for Manufacturing & Quality Engineers at our site in Rochester.
Manufacturing & Quality Engineers play an essential role for IPT's (Integrated Project Teams) within Electronic Systems. The role is creative allowing Engineers to design, implement, monitor and maintain manufacturing systems and processes, whilst ensuring product quality meets the customer requirements.
This role will provide you with a great development opportunity and would suit somebody looking to advance their career in this industry and who has an interest in manufacturing, production and quality engineering. Most importantly, we are seeking individuals with the right behaviours, drive and willingness to learn and adapt.
Your main responsibilities as a Manufacturing and Quality Engineer will involve:
- Supporting and solving problems raised by teams using recognised problem solving tools
- Investigating new material properties and challenging existing build processes
- Design of manufacturing cells using Lean Manufacturing techniques to reduce process lead times
- Processing for material supply to manufacturing cells and process mapping
- Designing of workstations to improve operator efficiency by optimising their working environment
- Working with the new state of the art Manufacturing Execution System (MES) to develop and maintain build instruction documentation for use by shop floor technicians
- Developing manufacturing instruction to improve shop floor processes
- Planning quality and working with customers and suppliers to enhance quality
- Analysing non-conformance (including identification of root cause and implementation of Corrective actions)
Your skills and qualifications:
- Experience within a Manufacturing, Production or Quality engineering environment
- HNC/HND or above in a relevant engineering discipline, or equivalent qualification or experience
- Knowledge and awareness around the principles of DFM (Design for Manufacture)
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing - understand the concept and associated improvement activities
- Knowledge and understanding of Production Quality Systems
- Experience of six sigma
What we're looking for in you:
You will have excellent communication skills with an enthusiastic and proactive approach to your work. Good organisation and prioritisation skills with an adaptable and flexible approach to work and problem solving are key to the success of this role.
Salary: Competitive - dependent on experience
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, childcare vouchers, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Employee Referral Scheme bonus = £500
We support a range of commercial and military platforms, including fixed and rotary wing aircraft, ground vehicles, human-machine interfaces and power management. Our systems operate in more than 100 countries with 25 air forces, 30 manufacturers and 280 airlines. Around 1,500 professionals work here, all focused on delivering innovation and outstanding customer responsiveness. We are a rapidly growing and successful part of one of the world's leading defence, security and aerospace companies.
We pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around. Join us and you'll be part of something important; something you can be proud of. You'll have the opportunity to work from concept to completion, giving you real ownership of projects. Whatever you do, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you're making a difference to people's lives.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.