Engineering Project Manager
Engineering Project Manager
Would you like to play a key role which contributes to the successful delivery of various projects whilst utilising the newest defence technology on the market? We currently have a vacancy for an Engineering Project Manager at our site in Rochester.
As an Engineering Project Manager you will be responsible for delivering engineering projects by following lifecycle management guidelines. You will ensure that projects are within budget; delivered on time by meeting all milestones and that projects are meeting all of our customer's requirements, whilst maintaining regular engagement with our customers throughout the process. This role will require some travelling abroad, no more than one week a quarter, to exciting destinations whom BAE Systems have close links with.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to grow within BAE Systems and progress upwards within the team.
Your main responsibilities as an Engineering Project Manager will involve:
- Developing, maintaining and executing an engineering development strategy for the project using the principles of incremental and agile development
- Owning the engineering budgets, ensuring adherence to the schedule and reviewing the quality of the product designed; making sure it is fit for purpose and compliant with customer requirements
- Taking the lead on the engineering risks and mitigation strategies
- Developing and maintain the Engineering Management Plan (EMP) describing all aspects of engineering work for the programme, including programme tailoring
- Supporting the development of subcontracted items, developing and implementing a strategy to ensure they are successful
- Owning the 'Design Fors' with focus on design for manufacture, testing, reliability and maintainability
- Leading and making technical decisions for the project, identifying and trading the various factors involved
- Utilising Maturity Management (supported by Earned Value) to validate the correctness of work being produced by the team
Your skills and qualifications as an Engineering Project Manager:
- Demonstrable experience leading a team in at least one key Engineering discipline (ideally having performed a cross functional team leading role)
- Technical knowledge of electronic systems
- Demonstrable experience managing the costs for the engineering work within the allocated budget
- Experience articulating engineering strategy and motivate teams to realise it
- Demonstrable experience managing and mitigating risks utilising specific techniques for engineering projects
- Qualification to Degree/HNC level or equivalent in an engineering related discipline
What we're looking for in you:
You must be a confident individual who is keen to succeed. You must be a highly organised individual and have exceptional communication skills. It is essential that you are able to build and maintain relationships with various stakeholder groups.
Salary: Competitive - dependant on experience
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, childcare vouchers, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Employee Referral Scheme bonus = £500
We support a range of commercial and military platforms, including fixed and rotary wing aircraft, ground vehicles, human-machine interfaces and power management. Our systems operate in more than 100 countries with 25 air forces, 30 manufacturers and 280 airlines. Around 1,500 professionals work here, all focused on delivering innovation and outstanding customer responsiveness. We are a rapidly growing and successful part of one of the world's leading defence, security and aerospace companies.
We pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around. Join us and you'll be part of something important; something you can be proud of. You'll have the opportunity to work from concept to completion, giving you real ownership of projects. Whatever you do, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you're making a difference to people's lives.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.