Valves Mechanical Engineer
Working as a Valves Mechanical Engineer within Rolls-Royce Plc for the Submarines business, you'll be at the forefront of technology, designing and supporting the nuclear reactor cores that power some of the world's most advanced submarines.
As a Valves Mechanical Engineer, you'll find solutions to problems that arise during the product lifecycle. This could mean anything from reacting to problems that occur in service to improving the design of a product to make it easier to manufacture or assemble. In the process, you'll gain an in-depth understanding of how the products work - and open up a wide range of opportunities for yourself at Rolls-Royce.
Our nuclear business is a leader in propulsion system design and development for the Royal Navy's nuclear submarine fleet and the sole provider and technical authority, managing all aspects of plant design, safety, manufacture, performance and through-life support.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We develop integrated power and propulsion solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
- Writing justifications to support the life of components in service.
- Applying techniques such as design for manufacture, design for assembly, concurrent engineering.
- Supporting the manufacturing of components, the resolution of manufacturing queries and defining, planning and reporting development.
- Interfacing with other functions to ensure completion of any testing activities required on the components.
- Interfacing with the customer facing business unit to support ship builder integration activities.
Qualifications and experience
- Experience in either structural integrity, valve design or manufacture, electro-mechanical component expertise.
- Experience in a relevant industry, such as heavily regulated operations or products and services where high levels of reliability and integrity are required.
- Experience of using ASME or other relevant design codes.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent experience).
- Chartered engineer or be able to demonstrate sufficient experience to become Chartered.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Create an ocean of power. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
This role is subject of full UK security clearance