Aircraft Simulation – Senior Engineer
Overview: As a Senior Engineer, specializing in the avionics technical domain you will provide or support the system design, software modelling, development, integration, test and delivery of the avionics simulation components of our aircraft training devices.
This potentially covers the full life cycle from requirements analysis through to customer acceptance and regulatory approval.
The simulations may range from new aircraft types through to legacy types. The simulators will often be brand new devices, but work could also include upgrades to existing in-service training devices.
The work could include simulator and computer architecture definition and design, software development, aircraft and avionics data analysis, the development of in-house models and the integration of software and hardware, the re-host, retarget and integration of third-party software and models from aircraft manufacturers and equipment vendors, software configuration management, programme integration and delivery, plus baseline management.
Tasks can range from original design all the way through to post-delivery support and technical warranty issues.
This role is within the Aircraft Simulation Group which is made up of the following areas: - Avionics Systems, Environment, Aircraft Systems, Instructor Operating Station, Legacy systems.
L3 CTS believes strongly in supporting and investing in its employees’ professional development and runs a Professional Development Scheme (PDS) accredited by the following leading institutes, RAeS, IMechE and IET. The PDS is carefully structured to cater for both developing and experienced staff and will support and guide engineers through their professional development.
Due to continued growth, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Engineer to join the multi-disciplinary and dynamic Aircraft Simulation Group.
The successful candidate will be working in a very challenging environment which focuses on continuous improvement of our processes, products and customer deliveries.
Core duties will involve, but not be limited to:
- Analysis of aircraft and equipment manufacturer’s data
- Software design/modification using appropriate software languages
- Integration of software and hardware systems
- Validation and verification of design implementation
- Testing, fault finding and problem rectification
- Interfacing with customers and aviation regulators
- Customer acceptance support (in-house & on-site)
At Senior Engineer level, it is expected that responsibilities will include:
- working unsupervised
- training and mentoring of graduate engineers
- development of novel systems of medium complexity
- planning and directing the work of others
- supporting bids and technical proposals
- performing peer reviews of others’ work, including code, design & document reviews
Qualification and educational requirements:
- An appropriate degree or equivalent (with mathematics, science or engineering content) or a significant appropriate experience in industry
Essential skills and experience
- Typically, substantial recent technical experience in the skill, discipline and/or domain associated with the avionics functional area
- Good C/C++ programming skills
- An individual with drive, enthusiasm and can-do attitude coupled with the ability to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated the ability to work unsupervised
- Strong verbal, presentation, written communication and inter-personal skills
Closing date: Thursday 31 May
Additional information: Applications will only be accepted from individuals who possess the eligibility to live and work within the EEA.
Note: This advert is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job title. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
To apply: If you can demonstrate your qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience match our requirements, we’d like to hear from you. Please send your current CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, by the closing date below.
L3 CTS is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of their background.
Apply for Aircraft Simulation – Senior Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly