Power Transmission Sub System Design Integrator
An opportunity has arisen for a number of talented Power Transmission Sub System Design Integrators to join our Power Transmission Systems (PTS) team in Derby.
Power Transmission Systems design and integrate a diverse range of components and sub-systems for gas turbine Engines. Examples include major Engine structures, mount systems, accessory gearboxes, bearings chambers, drives shafts and bearings. This diversity generates a large number of functional and physical interfaces with other stakeholders in the whole Engine design process, both internally and with major external Partners.
As a PTS Sub System Design Integrator you will apply the latest methods and procedures such as Robust Design and Systems Engineering appropriately during the design process. You will provide a point of contact for customer projects and liaise with airframe customers, partners, supporting departments and manufacturing plants as appropriate to ensure delivery against our commitments.
The Design Integration role is key to the generation of innovative engineering solutions to meet complex sub-system requirements: preserving the quality of engineering solution whilst recognising cost and timescale challenges; supporting engine project whilst recognising conflicting priorities and timescales; communicating with many IPTs across several geographical locations and ensuring that all IPTs work with a consistent set of data and requirements. This is a technical role, with scope to progress to Global Grades through the Technical Specialist Career Progression Process. This role is also an excellent stepping stone for individuals with aspirations towards Project Assistant Chief Design Engineer or Chief Design Engineer.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We develop integrated power and propulsion solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
We deliver the best jet engines in the world. Through intelligent innovation and a collaborative approach, we're putting our customers at the forefront of the aviation industry - and we'll keep them there. Our product portfolio powers more than 35 types of commercial aircraft, and with over 13,000 engines in-service around the world, we're keeping the world flying.
- Understand customer needs, derive and cascade project requirements.
- Establish robust sub-system concepts by integration of System, Sub System and Commodity requirements
- Ensure the production of optimal design solutions to address specified requirements.
- Collaborate and communicate design solution information with task stakeholders.
- Control physical and functional interfaces of the system/sub-system.
- Manage technical attributes (e.g. weight) of the sub-system.
- Direct designers to and challenge their understanding of appropriate knowledge bases.
- Oversee design activity and ensure compliance to process, and develop the experience of design teams.
- Manage work in accordance with project cost, timescale, and quality targets.
- Solid mechanical design knowledge underpinned by a relevant degree or equivalent experience
- Experience of design specialisation within a manufacturing environment
- Comfortable managing, influencing and challenging stakeholders across all levels.
- Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis techniques and the application System Engineering principles ideally at a whole engine/solution level advantageous
- Knowledge of the Power Transmission Systems domain would be beneficial but is not essential
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Create the next generation of innovation. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for its excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.