Performance Principal Software Engineer
The Performance Principal Software Engineer will provide or support the software and system design, development, integration, test and delivery of aircraft modelling used in flight simulation training devices.
This potentially covers the full life cycle from requirements analysis through to customer acceptance and regulatory approval.
It could include definition and design, software development, aircraft and avionics data analysis and design, the development of in house models and the integration of software and hardware, the re-host, retarget and integration of third party software and models from aircraft manufacturers and equipment vendors, software configuration management, programme integration and delivery, baseline management.
It may also include upgrades to existing in service training devices, and post-delivery support of technical warranty issues.
Core duties will involve, but not be limited to:
- Analysis of aircraft and equipment manufacturer’s data
- Creation/modification of designs
- Maintaining plans/schedules and reporting progress
- Software design/modification typically using appropriate languages
- Integration of software and hardware systems
- Integration of re-host or retarget software
- Integration of third party software
- Validation and verification of design implementation
- Testing, fault finding and problem rectification
- Interfacing with customers and aviation regulators
- Software configuration management
- Software integration and Independent Test and Evaluation
- Customer acceptance support (in-house and on-site)
- Development of novel systems of high complexity
- Providing inputs to bids and technical proposals
- Training and mentoring of other engineers
- Planning and directing the work of others
- Performing peer reviews of others’ work, including code, design and document reviews
- Being the technical authority for a particular product, system or discipline
- Assisting in defining new processes
- Performing lead engineer or work package management activities at department or programme level
- Acting as an expert within the group for a product, system or functional area
- Management of a small team of one to five Engineers, depending on role / programme
Essential skills and experience:
- Flight Aerodynamic Modelling
- Qualification and Regulations knowledge applicable to Flight Simulation Training Devices
- C programming skills
- MATLAB/SIMULINK skills
- Exposure to Linux
- Significant post-graduate technical experience
- Will have demonstrated a high degree of technical expertise, problem solving skills, and innovation in areas of significant complexity on novel developments
- The ability to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Drive, enthusiasm and a can-do attitude.
Qualification and educational requirements:
- An appropriate Degree or equivalent (with mathematics, science or engineering content)
Additional information: Applications will only be accepted from individuals who possess the eligibility to live and work within the EEA.
Note: This advert is not intended to be all inclusive. It is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job title. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
L3 CTS is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of their background.
Apply for Performance Principal Software Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly