Senior Software Engineer
This role is for a Senior Software Engineer who is looking to apply their software development experience and established technical aptitude in a new and challenging environment.
The successful candidate will find themselves working on avionics programmes at various stages of the software development lifecycle, applying modern software engineering techniques on existing and new programmes. The successful candidate will have language, domain knowledge and experience relevant to defence avionics embedded products.
The successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to combine that with their technical knowledge to underpin their technical decision making.
Initially this role will be within a team involved in the development of a safety critical embedded software product. The successful candidate will be expected to innovate and contribute to the development of company products to improve capability, effectiveness, and affordability.
The successful candidate will also be expected to pro-actively contribute to advancing the skills and capabilities of the software engineering community within Electronic Systems in Hastings.
The Senior Software Engineer will undertake a range of activities, including:
- Technical leadership of product development teams
- Development of architectural concepts and designs
- Advancing the department’s skills and capabilities
- Mentoring junior software engineers
- Achieving design assurance needs to time scale and budget
Required Skills and Abilities
Sufficient relevant software engineering and domain competence across most of the aspects captured below:
- Strong experience of the full software development lifecycle
- UML analysis and design
- Embedded software development, both with and without RTOS
- Ada 95/2012
- Software Configuration management and build control
- An advanced understanding of the challenges associated with software engineering of avionics equipment.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- High levels of motivation, integrity and professionalism
- Flexibility, innovation, and commitment to delivery are required.
- Commitment to professionalism
The successful candidate will need to hold or be able to obtain Security Clearance
- Experience of safety critical software development
- Formal methods
- Safety case development
- Unit Test
- Requirements capture preferably with DOORS experience
- Linux development (deployment, device drivers)
- SysML design modelling
- RTCA DO-178C(or DO-178B)
- PowerPC and ARM processors, single and multi-core
The ideal candidate would be registered as a Chartered Engineer (CEng)
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.