Senior Software Engineer
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, its part of our spirit.
This role is for a senior software development engineer who has demonstrable skills in software engineering across the lifecycle. The candidate will have experience of the development of the C# language within Visual Studio for embedded applications, ideally with experience of .Net including .Net Standard and .Net Core.
EvO Manage is an Agile managed programme, experience of Agile methodologies is highly desirable. It is envisaged that the successful candidate will initially be supporting the EvO Manage development, but must be willing to work on any of the development projects within GD-MS.
GD-MS also develops for the embedded avionics market. Relevant skills in this market are also desirable e.g. GreenHills Multi/INTEGRITY, MISRA C, tactical data links, SparkAda, real-time software development
- Participate in a project development team
- Lead small groups of software developers
- Facilitate execution of programme
- Provide status and cost/schedule information to lead engineer/programme manager
- Develop software design from system specifications
- Develop good quality code from the software design
- Support software integration and testing
- Produce technical documentation to support the software lifecycle
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrable breadth and depth of experience/competence in software product design and development, or a background that provides the equivalent transferrable experience/competence. Experience in network protocol implementation is desirable.
- .Net Standard and .Net Core
- IBM RTC
- Networking – NetConf, YANG, ZeroConf, PNAC, TLS
- Addition desirable:
- GreenHills Multi/INTEGRITY
- MISRA C
- Tactical data links
- Safety critical/Embedded/Real-time software
- Demonstrable experience/competence in leadership & management of project engineering teams and development activities.
- A demonstrable ability to understand the software lifecycle and innovate.
- A demonstrable ability to build effective relationships.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent analysis and decision making skills.
- A willingness to learn and develop any gaps in experience/competence.
- Currently holds or able to obtain security clearance
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.