Senior Electrical Design Engineer
The purpose of this job as a Senior Electrical Designs Engineer is to carry out assigned Hardware Engineering tasks varying in complexity from moderate to high in a timely, accurate, budget-compliant and complete manner, taking account of applicable standards, local and Company processes.
Core duties will involve, but not be limited to:
- Working on a variety of new developments, updates and engineering problems as and when they arise
- Taking a Lead Engineering and Design Authority role
- Learning multiple tools and working cross functionally not only within the department but within the company as the business demands. This will include work in Mechanical Engineering, Technical Publications and Hardware Test and Commissioning.
- Carrying out assigned hardware engineering tasks up to and including complex subsystem level, in a timely, accurate, budget-compliant and complete manner, taking account of applicable standards, local and company processes
- Proactively suggest potential improvements to product, local and Company processes to help drive improvement and efficiency
Qualification and educational requirements:
- Degree qualified or equivalent, or several years of directly relevant experience
- Significant recent experience in Simulation or Avionics industry
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience of modern software packages (e.g. Computer Aided Design tools) currently used within Hardware Engineering or comparable, Mentor CHS would be advantageous
- Effectively manages own time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently, taking responsibility for own actions and decisions
- Ability to flexibly switch between multiple tasks at short notice according to immediate priorities (as directed)
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written
- Good systems knowledge of Avionics or Simulation
- An understanding of MRP (e.g. SAP, Oracle)
- A good understanding of impact on Mechanical and Software systems
- Able to lead a team or project when required
- Open to learn other Hardware Engineering Tools to support Mechanical and Tech Docs when required
- Prepared to work cross functionally in other areas of the business
- Able to work as sole owner of assigned task, or as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail and motivation to minimize error, change and rework
- Capable of providing manufacturing support
Interview date: w/c Monday 25 June 2018
Additional information: Applications will only be accepted from individuals who possess the eligibility to live and work within the EEA.
Note: This advert is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job title. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
To apply: If you can demonstrate your qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience match our requirements, we’d like to hear from you. Please send your current CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, by the closing date.
L3 CTS is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of their background.
More searches like this
- Design Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Electrical Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Mechanical Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Quality Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Safety Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer