As an electromechanical technician in the Network Operation Section (OP), you will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of diesel generators as well as for the operations of a designated area of the CERN high and low-voltage network. You will:
- Prepare, plan, carry out and monitor interventions on the diesel generators, such as periodic tests, preventive and corrective maintenance, and ensure that all diesel generators are available in case of emergency or malfunction.
- Prepare, plan, carry out and monitor interventions on the high and low voltage electrical network, including network reconfigurations, disconnection and isolation of equipment and making it safe.
- Manage administrative tasks (inspections; tendering; issuing work certificates; reporting and invoicing) related to oversight of contractors' activities.
- Manage related maintenance activities using a computer-aided maintenance management system (CAMMS).
The experience required for this post is:
- Extensive experience in the operation and maintenance of diesel generators for secured networks, as well as high and low voltage electrical network equipment.
- Experience in the use of computer-assisted maintenance management systems (CAMMS).
The following would be an advantage:
- Experience in the implementation of digital protection relays and programmable logic controllers (PLC).
- Familiarity with Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems.
- Use of Office software packages.
- Construction, test and installation of electromechanical equipment and systems.
- Very good theoretical and practical knowledge of diesel and alternator installations and modern equipment associated with a complex high and low voltage electrical network: 400 kV and 66 kV substations, 18kV distribution panels, 400V distribution systems, high-voltage protection relays, transformers, inverters, chargers, batteries, diesel generator sets, programmable logic controllers (PLC).
- Commissioning, maintenance and operation of diesel generator sets and high and low voltage electrical distribution systems.