Senior Systems Engineer
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
This role is for a Senior Systems Engineer who is looking to apply their substantial systems development experience and established technical aptitude in an exciting and challenging environment.
The successful candidate will be working on a range of avionics programmes at all stages of the development lifecycle, applying systems engineering techniques in teams delivering highly capable and reliable solutions. General Dynamics UK are looking for dynamic, flexible, and pro-active engineers who are keen to contribute significantly to the successful development of embedded systems.
The successful candidate will have good team working and interpersonal skills, and be able to show that their technical knowledge can be applied to achieve good quality results.
The successful candidate will be expected to innovate and contribute to the development of company products to improve capability, effectiveness, and affordability.
The successful candidate will also be expected to pro-actively contribute to advancing the skills and capabilities of the systems engineering community within Electronic Systems in Hastings.
The Senior Systems Engineer will undertake a range of activities, including:
- Technical leadership of programme systems teams
- Analysis of User and System level requirements
- Development of architectural concepts and designs
- Advancing the department’s skills and capabilities
- Mentoring junior systems engineers
- Achieving design assurance needs to timescale and budget
Required Skills & Abilities
Systems engineering skills and experience preferred:
- Technical leadership
- Full development life-cycle experience
- Requirements analysis and management
- System design and modelling
- System integration and test
Other specific skills and experience that are valuable, but not required:
- Experience in Systems Engineering specialisms (Safety, Environmental, Security, Human Factors, Support, ILS etc.)
- Experience in safety critical development
- Understanding of UK Security Accreditation
- Understanding of System Safety Assurance
- Working knowledge of UK Defence Standards
- Development processes; Scrum, Agile, Waterfall
- Requirements Capture; DOORS
- Analysis and Design methodologies; SysML, UML
- Design tools; IBM Rhapsody, Mathworks MATLAB/Simulink
Required Education & Experience
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- An advancing understanding of the challenges associated with systems engineering of avionics equipment
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- High levels of motivation and integrity
- Flexibility, innovation and commitment to delivery
- Commitment to professionalism
The successful candidate will need to hold or be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Candidates should have a degree level education or equivalent, and a wide range of relevant experience. Professional registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng) is valuable
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.