Supportability & Logistics Modelling Engineer
1 day left
- Job Type
An opportunity has arisen within MBDA’s Customer Support & Services organisation for a Supportability & Logistics Modelling Engineer, to help influence the initial design and enhance the though-life modelling support of complex weapons systems. This opportunity will also give the successful candidate considerable scope to improve programme management skills, develop Customer facing skills and promote their profile internationally within MBDA.
This job will involve developing and modelling the support for a number of weapon systems, helping to ensure the Customer’s requirements are met throughout the development and in-service phases of each project. The successful applicant will be involved in a number of related activities, including:
- Conducting detailed analytic studies to ensure that product supportability and support system requirements are satisfied or exceeded:
- Identifying supportability and supportability-related drivers, including availability and whole life cost drivers, at an appropriate stage in the product life cycle;
- Influencing system design to take account of logistic support considerations.
- Demonstrating ownership of product supportability and support system requirements, from initial requirements definition / decomposition through to requirements verification and validation.
- Identifying, defining and quantifying logistic support resource requirements necessary to effectively support the system through-life.
- Generating logistics data & information required to:
- Informed decision making and support solution/package development during the system development phase
- Ensuring successful introduction of the system to the in-service phase.
- Developing and maintaining supportability and logistics modelling deliverables, such as plans, recommendations and reports, as required in support of business winning or contracted project activities.
- Actively participating in internal and external stakeholder reviews by presenting supportability and logistics modelling information to ensure supportability and supportability-related drivers are fully understood, considered, and the impacts of any associated risks are reduced.
- Actively participating in the continued development of the supportability and logistics modelling capability, to address evolving business and customer needs.
- Representing MBDA in MoD/Industry supportability and logistics modelling working groups.
What’s in it for you?
This role will provide you with a range of career benefits by:
- Presenting you with the opportunity to influence the through-life support of a product during its initial design phase.
- Providing the opportunity to develop ways of improving your project management and personnel management skills.
- Encouraging you to become a key player in the support of a complex weapon system.
What’s great about the team?
- You will become part of a cohesive project team focused on the prime goal of providing an MBDA customer with a state-of the-art weapon system.
- The various weapon project teams each consist of a wide variety of specialists, providing you with the opportunity to develop your engineering / modelling skills.
What are we looking for?
Someone who has:
- An engineering background with a relevant degree or previous related experience. Additionally, a complementary background in mathematics would be desirable.
- The ability to translate real world support environments into logistics modelling scenarios and subsequently, verify and validate outputs.
- A working knowledge of UK and international Integrated Logistic Support standards and guidance documents.
- A track record in the application of supportability engineering tools and techniques.
- Experience of using logistics models and modelling tools, such as Opus 10 and Simlox, or experience of developing bespoke logistics and cost models.
- Excellent analytical skills with a good knowledge of relevant analytical techniques.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- A proven high level of competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (E).
- Well-developed planning and organisational abilities.
- A strong customer focus, both internally and externally.
Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)