Principal Manufacturing Quality Assurance Engineer
1 day left
- Job Type
What’s the opportunity?
An opportunity has arisen for a Principal Manufacturing Quality Assurance Engineer to join the Quality Assurance Engineering team as they provide professional quality support to the Manufacturing team in the UK. This is a particularly exciting time as, due to an increasing workload, the Manufacturing team is currently transferring to a new facility in Bolton.
What will you be doing?
You will provide an independent visibility and assurance that manufacturing and related processes are applied across all Projects. You will provide support and advice on all aspects of quality within UK Manufacturing. You will provide support in the identification and implementation of sustainable Process improvements to existing methods and processes. You will support UK Manufacturing in the identification and reduction of project risk or problem areas / issues associated with process application, process effectiveness or compliance.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Quality Assurance Manager, responsibilities include the following activities:
- Provision of professional support and advice on all aspects of quality within Manufacturing UK; apply quality expertise to critical business issues to support business excellence, continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Provision of quality assurance assistance to Manufacturing UK in support of manufacturing excellence including development and delivery of quality awareness and other process and quality-related training.
- Supporting Manufacturing UK on all programmes to achieve cost, time and quality targets. Assessing and controlling the product assurance quality processes and the resulting outputs.
- Assuring the Company Business Management System is correctly tailored to and implemented in Company production programmes, and providing the appropriate level of support to improve the effectivity of processes used by Manufacturing UK.
- Confirm through a programme of Independent assessments and audits that processes and quality requirements are being successfully implemented, applied and improved. Provide reports to Management that identifies the outcome of audits and issues. Monitor and facilitate the progression of any improvements from audit activities and the timely closure of identified issues.
- Maintaining strong links with Quality Assurance colleagues across MBDA (UK and Overseas) to enable the dissemination and achievement of Quality Objectives within Manufacturing UK.
- Work with Product Assurance Managers and other functions to define appropriate risk reduction strategies/action plans
- Support the development and implementation of the Process Effectiveness Review Programmes
- Interface with Customer Representatives (DQAFF), when required, to support the mitigation of quality issues
Working in a high technology environment ranging from the manufacture of PEC assemblies through to live build of weapon systems, your broad range of skill and expertise will be called upon to support quality and process improvement initiatives as we drive to maintain our reputation as a leading manufacturer of GW systems
What’s great about joining this team?
The team are actively involved wide range of activities and support a broad range of products and processes.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- Ideally qualified to minimum HNC/HND in relevant subject.
- Quality professional, experienced in process-based integrated management systems & business improvement in an engineering / manufacturing environment
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Quality Audit experience required
- Extensive knowledge and experience of EN9100/AS9100
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organising skills to ensure multiple tasks are prioritised and monitored to deliver set objectives
- Capability to identify sustainable business improvements & ensure effective implementation
- Recognise and understand internal and external customer requirements, and respond to them
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Highly self-motivated and demonstrate a determination and persistence to deliver results despite obstacles and setbacks
- Recognise and understand regulatory and certification requirements, and respond to them
- Position is based in Bolton, but will require provision of support to Manufacturing at other MBDA sites
- Some travel (both UK and international) will be required
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, , and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What you would get
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence) – SC and DV