Manufacturing Engineering Technical Lead
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Manufacturing Engineer to join our team in Birmingham as a Manufacturing Engineering Technical Lead.
As Manufacturing Engineering Tech Lead you will Lead a team of Manufacturing Engineers within a Plant, Facility or Supplier Management Team. Integrate Manufacturing Engineering activity within your area of responsibility across the product lifecycle and through the supply chain. You will also be responsible for managing and developing the members of the team with professionally accountable to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
At Rolls-Royce, we develop integrated power and propulsion solutions and innovative technologies that keep our customers one step ahead of an ever-changing world.
We deliver the best jet engines in the world. Through intelligent innovation and a collaborative approach, we're putting our customers at the forefront of the aviation industry - and we'll keep them there. Our product portfolio powers more than 35 types of commercial aircraft, and with over 13,000 engines in-service around the world, we're keeping the world flying.
- Ensure manufacturing processes and/or methods of manufacture are capable of meeting and continue to meet requirements for quality, cost, delivery rate and lead time
- Support the technical input into the facility or supply chain strategy, including ensuring that Commodity and Manufacturing Process strategy implications are included in relevant capital plans.
- Working with the Manufacturing Engineering Commodity Leaders and Manufacturing Process Owners, drive manufacturing processes towards identified consistent best practice.
- Lead technical problem resolution and technical improvement activities within the team. Coach the community in the use of RRPS and DMAIC tools.
- Ensure effective performance management in particular that employees under your control have relevant & appropriate objectives through the Business Plan Deployment Process.
- Lead and develop the members of your team including individual and professional development, training, performance, reward managements, HS&E and security.
- Professionally qualified Engineer (UK minimum BEng degree or equivalent).
- UK CEng (Chartered Engineer) or equivalent.
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes relevant to your business
- General awareness of Manufacturing Systems (CAD, CAM, CAPP, Manufacturing Execution System, Manufacturing Intelligence, SAP, Technical Publications, etc.) relevant to the business.
- Understanding of Manufacturing Engineering processes relevant to your role.
- Has experienced manufacturing change in a suitable combination of ways, such as facility re-design, facility move, technology insertion, new product introduction, process revalidation, quality improvement.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Create the next generation of innovation. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for its excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.