LIS Senior Engineer
LIS Senior Engineer
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
This position is required to provide support and development for all Oracle Application Express (APEX) services hosted on the CDRS (Central Data Repository System) platform that supports the GDUK Tactical Support programs.
The Oracle APEX Developer will be a member of the Information Systems & Services (IS&S) team. The team is a multi-skilled IT support team which underpins the General Dynamics Support Solutions. The team are measured by customer appointed high availability and performance measures which is set out in each contract. The team ensure they maintain high level availability to support all contracted services delivered as part of the wider business programme. The role will involve the development and delivery of bespoke capabilities identified via Value Propositions and Tasks. They will then be delivered as a service and supported by the wider team.
The role requires a candidate who is technically strong and has good Oracle APEX experience in designing and developing web based applications. Highly proficient communication skills are required internally and with customers and end users.
The successful candidate will be expected to work with multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver solutions that meet customer needs to a defined quality standard within agreed timescales and budgets
In the role of Oracle APEX Developer, you will be the point of contact for the support and development of apex applications appointed to you. The role responsibilities will include:-
- Provide oracle APEX expertise for the IS&S portals
- Support and maintenance of all existing applications
- Provide assistance and input into the various internal and external Working Groups.
- Assist the Program Managers with Value Propositions and Tasks.
- Working with third party contractors to resolve issues.
- Implementation of changes within the support and live environments when required.
- Testing and documentation of new releases of software
- Continual maintenance and development of all process and procedures
- Provide inputs into regular reports for management
- Change and release management on support and live environments
- Provide support to DBA’s when required
- Monitoring performance of the CDRS platform and applications
- Experience working in an oracle development environment.
- Experience in Oracle APEX. Oracle PL/SQL Oracle databases (10/11/12) XML, CSS, HTML, JAVA
- Use of development tools
- Requirements gathering, analysis and design
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven track record of delivering solutions through the full lifecycle.
- Oracle Webcenter Portal, Oracle Fusion Middleware, OID/OUD/LDAP
- ITIL methodologies (change and release management)
- Source Control
- Experience in working in the defence industry
- Requires degree level education and a level of related experience, or equivalent.
- A sound technical understanding of IT systems Mainly Oracle and Microsoft technologies.
- Have a good understanding of the ITIL framework,(ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate is highly desirable)
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.