An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented individual to join our team in East Grinstead. You will conduct engine overhauls, repairs etc. to a high standard and all the tasks surrounding these responsibilities, with deployment capability to support field activities.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We develop integrated power and propulsion solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
MTU is one of the world's leading suppliers of drives and power systems for marine applications, for heavy land, rail and defence vehicles, and for the oil and gas industry. In the traditional spirit of pioneers and inventors such as our founders, Wilhelm and Karl Maybach, and Rolls and Royce, we work to develop solutions that are fit for the future. These include our 10, 000 kW diesel engine, our ecologically sound co-generation module, and our innovative injection systems.
- Conduct maintenance and repair tasks up to QL3 level, conduct overhauls of subassemblies.
- Engine and component cleaning as required.
- Completion of relevant documentation and measurement calculations to agreed specifications.
- Loading and unloading of vehicles as required using the appropriate equipment for the job e.g. with the forklift truck, or, crane and as per training the individual has completed successfully. Additionally, following the process that is in place.
- Proactive in the company's QM & H&S processes.
- Maintain cleanliness of workstation area.
- Completed an industry recognised course (BTEC, C&G, etc.) in an engineering related subject (Mechanical/Electrical or Electrical) and in Marine, Genset, Rail, CHP or Commercial Vehicle related application.
- Strong Field Service and commissioning experience with reciprocating Gas Engines, CHP and Control Systems.
- Qualified / conversant with Diesel Engines / Generating Sets and their Control Systems.
- Good mechanical and electrical competence / knowledge.
- Capability of using both traditional and PC based diagnostics.
- Willing and able to travel extensively.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Create the performance of the future. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.