Solution Design Manager
Ocado are an online supermarket who service their customers using a network of highly automated, cutting edge, Customer Fulfilment Centres - probably the most advanced of their type in the world.
Working as part of the New CFCs Design team, the Solution Design Manager will be responsible for the design and delivery of operational processes and fulfilment solutions for new Customer Fulfilment Centres, either in the UK or internationally.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Enhancing, or developing, new fulfilment solutions and processes across a variety of operational areas
- Develop, evaluate and agree both concept and detailed designs with stakeholders
- Identify and agree business requirements and assumptions
- Identify and develop all business processes, equipment and automation requirements
- Gather requirements and assumptions, performing analysis and generating safe, productive, ergonomic and economically viable designs
- Design productive, ergonomic, safe and value for money solutions, which fully meet business requirements
- Determine and specify any building requirements, assets or enabling works required
- Gain stakeholder agreement of processes and proposed solutions
- Deliver time-critical solutions, involving new challenges and technology
- Mentoring and development of junior team members
- Operational areas include:
- Inbound, picking, despatch and food production, across ambient, chilled and frozen
- Tote de-kit and bagging
- MHE including tote conveying and waste systems
- Tote wash systems
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
We are looking for someone with:
- A graduate level qualification
- Relevant operational knowledge, gained through a logistics, engineering or manufacturing business
- The potential to develop their management skills and take responsibility for a direct report
- Experience in developing fulfilment solutions and processes for retailers or logistic companies
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- The ability to organise, plan and communicate effectively, across multiple stakeholders and projects
- Influencing skills, both upwards and across the matrix
- A confident and flexible approach, with the ability to work within a fast paced and fast changing landscape
- Good MS Office skills, particularly Excel.
- Project Management experience would be advantageous
- Experience of, and ability to use data gathering tools, e.g. SQL, or design tools e.g. CAD or SketchUp
- Experience of work study and/or production efficiency techniques (LEAN or 5S) would be advantageous
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Shares
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn schemes
- Discounted shopping on Ocado.com, Smart Pass and destination site
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.
To find out more about us and to apply for this role, please click the APPLY button.