General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, its part of our spirit.
This role is for a software development engineer who has demonstrable skills in software engineering across the lifecycle. The successful candidate will have experience of Tactical Data Link operation, ideally covering Link 16 and Link 11 message processing, and using C language code for an embedded application. Experience of DOORS and Rhapsody (or other design tool) is highly desirable. Additional skills in C++ and C# development would be beneficial. Relevant skills in the embedded avionics market are also desirable e.g. Greenhill’s Multi/INTEGRITY, MISRA C, tactical data links, real-time software development
The successful candidate will have good domain knowledge and experience relevant to the products and related Mil-Stds and STANAGs.
The successful candidate must have good team working and interpersonal skills and be able to show their technical knowledge can be applied successfully to achieve good quality output.
- Participate in a project development team
- Develop software design from system specifications
- Develop good quality code from the software design
- Undertake software integration and testing
- Produce technical documentation to support the software lifecycle
- Demonstrable breadth and depth of experience/competence in Data Link product design and development, or a background that provides the equivalent transferrable experience/competence.
- A demonstrable ability to understand the software lifecycle and innovate.
- A demonstrable ability to build effective relationships.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent analysis and decision making skills.
- A willingness to learn and develop any gaps in experience/competence.
- Degree in a relevant Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or IT discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Professionally registered as a Chartered Engineer
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.