An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Services and Facility Drawing Office & BIM Manager to join our team in Derby.
In this role you will provide day to day management of the team of draughtsmen to ensure timely and accurate delivery of drawings. You will develop and maintain drawing standards including the development and maintenance of the employers requirements for BIM level 2, identify and support the introduction of software, training and equipment requirements for the continuing development of drawing office capability in both 2D and 3D space.
At Rolls-Royce, we develop integrated power and propulsion solutions and innovative technologies that keep our customers one step ahead of an ever- changing world.
Our Submarines business is a leader in propulsion system design and development for the Royal Navy's nuclear submarine fleet and the sole provider and technical authority, managing all aspects of plant design, safety, manufacture, performance and through-life support.
- Provide intelligent customer capability and act as the controlling mind for the specification, production and storage of all drawings and associated models e.g. BIM for the submarines business.
- Define CAD/BIM strategies and Standards in key areas of capability in conjunction with internal and industry stakeholders.
- Provide expert guidance and authoritative leadership to small teams of developing specialists in the same technical discipline.
- Maintain and develop a depth and breadth of knowledge in a specialist area and an understanding of related areas.
- Regularly review technical and procedural developments to ensure that internal drawing capability remains up to date including the identification investments in software and hardware.
- Identify new approaches and techniques which enhance the production of manufacturing services and facility drawings.
- Qualified to minimum of HNC/HND in and appropriate technical discipline or equivalent.
- Experienced in managing a similar capability including line management.
- A good working knowledge of AutoCAD/AutoCAD. Fabrication/Unigraphics/NX and Revit MEP along with other packages such as Navisworks and MS Office suite. Including understanding of the development of 2D drawings from 3D Models.
- Experience in production of drawings, methods and tools used to store and manage drawings and associated information.
- Familiarisation with latest related Euro Codes, British Standards, Codes of Practice and Guidance Documents.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Create next generation innovation. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for its excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
This role is subject to full UK security clearance.