Architectural Engineering provides a total project engineering service for capital projects on behalf of NSG Group and client companies, worldwide. This service covers all aspects of the project from feasibility studies, through specification, design and procurement to installation and commissioning. Capital projects can vary between the total build of a new factory installation on a Greenfield site to a major overhaul of an existing plant.
An opportunity has arisen for an Instrumentation/Control Engineer within Architectural Engineering. The main responsibilities of the role would be the management of the Instrumentation and Control area of projects, from design, specification and procurement of the necessary equipment, to supervising installation and carrying out commissioning. Travel is an integral part of the role and will consists of short design trips as well as trips of around 4 weeks at a time supervising the installation and commissioning phases.
The role will cover the specification and design of:
- Intelligent P&ID’s, instrument databases, schedules and loop drawings
- Specification of DCS and SCADA systems.
- Temperature, flow, pressure and level control and measurements (e.g. gas, oil & chemical delivery)
- Sizing calculations and specification of flow elements and control valves
- Explosive atmospheres installations - ATEX 99/92/EC
- Designs of safety critical instrumented systems - IEC61511 and SIL assessments
Throughout the project, the engineer will be required to align their designs with international legislation, and clearly evaluate and control the changes that are made in implementing the designs, minimising risks to the process. The engineer may be required to manage in house contractors or manage larger design and build contracts assigned to external Design companies.
The successful candidate will be a graduate, either working towards or already holding Chartered Engineer status with the IET and with experience in a responsible position in an industrial environment. Experience with high temperature production process lines would be useful.
They should possess a high level of numerical and analytical reasoning skills, be pro-active and able to work on their own initiative, ready to identify problems and quickly report them/provide solutions. An ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales is essential.
The successful candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills and team-working skills with a natural enthusiasm and an ability to work hard and manage projects accordingly. They will also be a driven individual with a continual desire to improve the performance of themselves and the team.
- 25 days holiday
- Pension with employer contribution
- BUPA Healthcare
- Holiday Salary Exchange scheme
- Car subsidy scheme
- Continual professional development and training
- Employee discount schemes and corporate memberships
- On site Car Parking and Restaurant
- On site fitness activities and events
Based at rural 50-acre site in West Lancashire between the cities of Liverpool and Manchester https://vimeo.com/233010943/0d5bb7fea8
If you believe you have the skills and abilities we need, and there is a match between our profile and your aspirations, we very much want to hear from you!
Application is by CV and covering letter to Mrs Carole Riley below.
More searches like this
- Building Services Construction & Building Services jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Civil & Structural Construction & Building Services jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Control & Instrumentation Construction & Building Services jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Design Construction & Building Services jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Project Engineering Construction & Building Services jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer