Architectural Engineering provides a total project engineering service for capital projects on behalf of NSG Group and client companies, worldwide. This service covers all aspects of the project from feasibility studies, through specification, design and procurement to installation and commissioning. Capital projects vary between the total build of a new factory installation on a Greenfield site to a major overhaul of an existing plant.
An opportunity has arisen for a Systems/Control Engineer within Architectural Engineering. The main responsibilities of the role would be the specification and design of the network systems and the configuration of the PC/PLC systems used across the site in the different process control areas. This covers telecommunications links to new production sites, office IT systems, and the IT/SCADA systems supporting the process control. You will require experience of Ethernet switch configuration, LAN network design, and knowledge of Windows OS installation/security/configuration.
The GE iFIX SCADA system is extensively used and detailed knowledge of configuring this system will be required.
Travel is an integral part of the role and will consists of short design trips as well as trips of around 4 weeks at a time supervising the installation and commissioning phases.
The successful candidate will be a graduate, either working towards or already holding Chartered Engineer status with the IET and with experience in a responsible position in an industrial environment.
They should possess a high level of numerical and analytical reasoning skills, be pro-active and able to work on their own initiative, ready to identify problems and quickly report them/provide solutions. An ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales is essential.
The successful candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills and team-working skills with a natural enthusiasm and an ability to work hard and manage projects accordingly. They will also be a driven individual with a continual desire to improve the performance of themselves and the team.
- 25 days holiday
- Pension with employer contribution
- Management Incentive Plan
- Holiday Salary Exchange scheme
- Car Subsidy scheme
- Employee discount schemes and corporate memberships
- On site Car Parking and Restaurant
- On site fitness activities and events
Based at rural 50-acre site in West Lancashire between the cities of Liverpool and Manchester, within easy reach of the Lake District and Peak District. https://vimeo.com/233010943/0d5bb7fea8
If you believe you have the skills and abilities we need, and there is a match between our profile and your aspirations, we very much want to hear from you! Application is by CV and covering letter to Mrs Carole Riley below:
More searches like this
- Building Services Construction & Building Services jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Control & Instrumentation Construction & Building Services jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Design Construction & Building Services jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Project Engineering Construction & Building Services jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Systems Construction & Building Services jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer