Senior Design Engineer (Electrical)
The NSG Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of glass and glazing systems in three business areas: Architectural; Automotive; and Technical Glass.
Founded in 1918, NSG acquired the leading UK-based glass manufacturer Pilkington plc in June 2006. Today, the Company has combined sales of just over JPY 629 billion, with manufacturing operations in 28 countries and sales in 130 countries, employing some 27,000 people worldwide
Do you want to develop your career within a dynamic team of engineers and scientists, working on product and process solutions of the future in the architectural and automotive industry?
If so we currently have a vacancy within the R&D Engineering team to carry out electrical and control system design work for new products and processes, to meet the demanding requirements of the glass industry.
As a senior member of the team, the position requires experience of design techniques and practices involving electrical power systems, instrumentation, PLCs and motion control equipment to design and implement innovative solutions to enable complex design briefs to be realised. Strict adherence to quality requirements for creating technical construction files is essential for meeting legal obligations including responsibilities within the CE marking process.
The successful applicant will have responsibility for managing the engineering aspects of diverse and at times complex R&D projects including technical responsibility for other engineers and workshop-based staff, along with working with colleagues from various functions in multi-disciplinary project teams. A consummate attitude to Health and Safety in both design and behavioural practices is required.
We are looking for an innovative, self-motivated individual with significant design experience. The successful candidate will have, as a minimum, a BEng in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline and be a qualified Chartered Electrical Engineer (or working toward full chartership). They will have experience in designing systems from conception through to implementation:
- specification of control system architectures
- design of power and control systems for applications such as machinery, heating systems and motion and positioning systems
- specification of instrumentation for industrial processes
- specification and programming of PLC or configurable control systems such as those of Allen Bradley, Siemens and Pilz
They will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to turn theoretical ideas and concepts into practical and reliable applications that assure customer satisfaction.
Also, experience of document management systems and of working in a research and development environment would be desirable. A full UK driving licence and car ownership would be an advantage due to limited public transport to the site.
- 25 days holiday
- Pension with employer contribution
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount schemes and corporate memberships
- Continual professional development and training
- Overseas work opportunities
- Based at rural 50 acre site in West Lancashire between the cities of Liverpool and Manchester, within easy reach of the Lake District and Peak District
- On site Car Parking and Restaurant
- On site fitness activities and events, yoga, football, Pilates, table tennis, golf society
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to Carole Riley below:
More searches like this
- Building Services Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Control & Instrumentation Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Design Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Electrical Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Research and Development Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer