Senior Implementation Manager
As the world’s leading innovator in online grocery shopping, with a pioneering business model. Developing our own technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships, there has never been a better time to join us. We pride ourselves on the quality of our people, goods and technological advances that power everything we do.
We are now looking for Project/ Programme Managers to help drive the implementation of our next generation UK Customer Fulfilment Centres from concept through to completion.
This role represents a huge opportunity to contribute to the success of this major capital investment which forms a core part of our business strategy.
Your core responsibilities are to
- Contribute to and drive sign-off of the overall CFC (Customer Fulfilment Centre) design, including the change management process
- Act as the customer of the build - managing the costs, timescales and specification of the project
- Own the overall programme budget, challenging and agreeing workstream costs
- Manage the preparation and achievement of Programme Milestones
- Keep workstreams aligned and informed with progress
- Support site testing, go-live and ramp-up phases
- Work with the site implementation team to - (1) Manage project reporting, including: Status, Actions, Risks & Issues. (2) Prepare Board Papers to gain sign-off for investment business cases (3) Maintain and monitor progress against the Ocado Project Methodology (4) Report on site safety performance from site occupancy through to go-live
What are we looking for?
As a talented project / programme manager with significant experience of delivery, planning and cost management of large engineering, supply chain or logistics projects, you will of course have a highly logical and analytical approach, effective communication and relationship building skills at all levels.
Ocado’s nature means you will also need to be able to quickly respond to changing priorities, be innovative and self-motivated.
What will we offer to you?
- Career development, as we continue to grow and undertake new projects.
- Progression to leading larger projects / programmes.
- Opportunity to focus on a broad range of project work - encompassing design, build, test, construction, automation and robotics.
- Learning opportunities from recognised workstream leads.
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Shares
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn schemes
- Discounted shopping on Ocado.com, Smart Pass and destination site
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.
To find out more about us and to apply for this role, please click the APPLY button.