Electronics Design Engineer - Hardware
An opportunity has arisen within the Rolls-Royce Submarines Electrical, Controls & Instrumentation (EC&I) Hardware Development Team in Derby for the position of an Electronics Design Engineer.
The Hardware Development Team has entered an exciting new phase of work, with responsibility for the design of a number of products contributing to the next generation of nuclear control systems. The successful candidate will join the team in specifying, designing and justifying designs targeted on FPGAs.
There has never been a more exciting time to consider a career in the nuclear industry. The nuclear renaissance of today is a 'once in a generation' opportunity as countries across the world recognise the important role nuclear power can play in providing a safe, clean and secure energy supply.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We develop integrated power and propulsion solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
Our nuclear business is a leader in propulsion system design and development for the Royal Navy's nuclear submarine fleet and the sole provider and technical authority, managing all aspects of plant design, safety, manufacture, performance and through-life support.
- Generating and maintaining design specifications.
- Producing programmable hardware designs and implementing in VHDL.
- Conducting peer reviews.
- Liaising with internal suppliers and system owners to ensure necessary performance requirements are met.
- Degree qualified or demonstrable relevant experience in a field related to Electronics Engineering.
- Experience designing and testing programmable hardware, preferably in VHDL targeted for FPGA's.
- The ability to provide clear, concise and accurate technical reports.
- Analogue or Digital electronics design experience, including concept and detailed design work.
- Experience of working within the defence, nuclear or other high integrity industries.
- Knowledge and experience of nuclear/defence safety standards including IEC 61513, IEC 62566, Def-Stan 00-56 and DO-254.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Create an ocean of power. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
This role is subject to full UK security clearance.