INSPIRE Content and Community Manager
As a INSPIRE Content and Community Manager you will:
- Orchestrate the curation of INSPIRE content (scientific works, their connections, their attribution, as well as author profiles, conference indexes and job vacancies in the field) in partnership with other research institutions participating in INSPIRE and also coordinating the work of additional external parties.
- Liaise with the INSPIRE user community, and observe the overall market for scientific information services, to understand and assess evolving needs and trends, translate them into concrete service requirements and opportunities for new and augmented features.
- Liaise with the INSPIRE development team to participate to the monitoring and support of the service operation and the planning and delivery of new and augmented features.
- Study, propose, design and plan increased automation of the INSPIRE processes to select content, as well as the increasing crowdsourcing of its curation.
PhD or equivalent relevant experience in the field of Theoretical Physics or a related field.
The experience required for this post is:
- Demonstrated experience in the management/curation of scientific information.
- Experience working in academic and research environments as well as understanding the scientific publication process.
- Initial experience with (open source) software projects and an Agile software development approach.
- Stakeholder relationship management: collects users' feedback, understands their needs and development challenges; manages all parties expectations.
- Publishing: understands scientific publishing/implications for researchers' evaluation; is familiar with tools to disseminate/index scientific works.
- Library and documentation management: understands how scientific works are described, discovered, attributed to authors and how citations are tracked.
- Knowledge of programming techniques and languages: understands well the different roles and challenges in creating software products and operating web services.
- Spoken and written English, with the ability to draw-up technical specifications and/or scientific reports, and/or to make oral presentations.
- Knowledge of French or the willingness to acquire it would be an advantage.