Ocado are an online supermarket who service their customers using a network of highly automated, cutting edge, Customer Fulfilment Centres - probably the most advanced of their type in the world. You will be a part of the New CFCs Design team.
- The New CFCs Design team is responsible for designing Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFC) for Ocado and their clients both in the UK and abroad. The scope of the design includes:
- Identifying and agreeing business requirements and assumptions
- Developing, evaluating and agreeing both concept and detailed designs with stakeholders
- Identifying and developing all business processes, equipment and automation requirements
- Your role in the team is to develop the concept design of the operational areas of the CFC and project manage the development and agreement of the design across the wider design team and business.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Leading the design of CFC
- Gathering and agreeing the operational metrics, assumptions and business requirements for new CFCs that form the basis of the design and analyse their implications and relationships
- Determine the sizing, capacity and efficiency of the design
- Develop the operational concept layout for new CFCs based on Ocado’s proprietary and external fulfilment solutions for Ocado as well as UK and international customers
- Project manage the design stream through the development cycle to ensure the design supports the business requirements of programme, throughput, safety and efficiency whilst driving value from the solution
- Co-ordinate and manage a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure both current operational best practise and opportunities for change and value are explored with detailed cost/benefit analysis of options
- Work with internal teams such as Project Implementation, Buildings Technology and Engineering as well as the ‘professional team’ of Architects, Structural Engineers, M&E consultants etc to ensure business requirements are fulfilled through the detailed design and implementation of the solution
- Main place of work is Hatfield with potential travel in UK and Internationally
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- An analytical mind-set along with strong numeracy skills to enable you to grasp some of the complex concepts our solutions require. This may require you to analyse and model data using Excel or similar tools
- Ability to plan, organise and communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally
- Natural ability to lead others
- Solution design experience within logistics, e-fulfilment, manufacturing or similar FMCG environment would be highly desirable
- Project management experience delivering logistics operational improvement or project delivery would be desirable
- A desire to drive both continuous improvement and step changes in solution design which may require ‘out of the box’ thinking
- Ideally experience of creating business cases and forming paybacks to ensure designs deliver value for money
- Enjoy the challenge of creatively solving complex problems in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in typical office software products such as Excel, Power Point etc
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Shares
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn schemes
- Discounted shopping on Ocado.com, Smart Pass and destination site
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.
To find out more about us and to apply for this role, please click the APPLY button.