Crane and Lift Technician
As a Crane and Lift Technician in the Handling Equipment Management Section, you will take part in the day-to-day management of 350 cranes, 900 hoists, 130 lifts and miscellaneous other handling equipment of which many are of strategic importance for the operation of CERN's accelerator complex and its experiments.
- Organize, coordinate and supervise maintenance interventions.
- Plan, schedule and supervise installation and repair work in collaboration with the services concerned.
- Ensure that the work performed complies with assembly drawings, priorities and deadlines.
- Keep the installation files up-to-date (technical files, equipment lists, etc).
- Provide technical input for design and specification purposes.
- Monitor handling equipment performance by using Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
- Elaborate optimized maintenance and consolidation plans.
- Ensure compliance with safety rules for all activities described above.
Higher technical diploma in the field of electro-mechanics or mechatronics or a related field.
Additional relevant operation license for EOT cranes and/or in-house licence for maintaining lifts would be desirable.
The experience required for this post is:
- Demonstrated experience in the installation and commissioning of handling equipment.
- Experience in the installation of long traveling lifts would be an advantage.
- Installation of overhead travelling cranes above 10 tons.
- Demonstrated experience in the maintenance of handling equipment, in particular regarding electronic components.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems in particular Enterprise Asset Management Systems would be an advantage.
- Operation and maintenance of electromechanical equipment and systems: programming of PLCs, frequency converters, monitoring and alarm systems would be an advantage.
- Organisation, planning and control: organization, coordination and follow up of installation and maintenance interventions in relation to site/building responsible and contractors.
- Use of Office software packages: in particular MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Spoken and written English or French: ability to draw up technical texts in one of the two languages, as well as ability to understand and speak the other language in professional contexts.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States. (https://careers.cern/content/member-states)
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 15.07.2018
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work in radiation areas.
- Interventions in underground installations.
- A valid driving licence.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Shift work, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Stand-by duty, when required by the needs of the Organization.