- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
As Coordinator of the replenishment team (currently 3.5 FTEs) in the Stores section, you will have the following functions:
- Organize, execute and follow tasks related to purchase order management:
- price enquiry following CERN procurement rules;
- order processing & confirmation;
- follow-up of the document and material flows.
- Create and manage the relationship with current and new suppliers:
- regular meetings to follow the pipeline;
- case management.
- Treat and manage CERN internal clients' demands:
- processing of recurrent and special demands;
- 2nd line support for any client request.
- Stock value monitoring:
- align expected level of service with stock value;
- regular financial reporting.
- Define and follow the replenishment parameters in the ERP (INFOR LN):
- configure a replenishment strategy per item family;
- define and follow reorder point calculations and safety stocks.
- Key user for the ERP supporting the service (INFOR LN):
- operational procedure implementation;
- user acceptance tests.
- Replenishment coordination:
- KPIs, objectives and activity reporting;
- working closely with other CERN services (standardization, procurement, internal logistics);
- labour coordination and task assignment in the team.
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent relevant experience in the fields of logistics, supply chain execution, or a related field.
The experience required for this post is:
- Demonstrated experience in procurement or supply of industrial material and in stock management (invitations to tender, order monitoring, calculation of re-order points and replenishment thresholds).
- Day-to-day use of MRP or ERP.
- Coordination of a small team.
- Warehouse and inventory management: stock management.
- Use of Office software packages.
- Working in teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships.
- Learning and sharing knowledge: sharing knowledge and expertise freely and willingly with others; coaching others to ensure knowledge transfer; proposing ways to improve or streamline existing procedures, processes and methodologies; learning from own successes and failures
- Managing self: remaining objective, focussed and productive in a stressful environment; focusing on solutions rather than problems.
- Communicating effectively: providing others with timely information.
- Achieving results: delivering prompt and efficient service taking into account customer needs; delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations; having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind.
- Spoken and written English and French: ability to understand and speak both languages in professional contexts as well as the ability to draft texts for publications and/or official communications and to make oral presentations in both languages.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States. (https://careers.cern/content/member-states)
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 15.07.2018.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.