Principal Systems Engineer 112439BR
Summary of Role:
This role requires the ability to understand the alignment of business process execution with the supporting applications and infrastructure to deliver mission critical capability. The ideal candidate will be able to elicit and articulate the requirement and demonstrate that it is addressed by the solution proposed and implemented by supporting software and hardware engineering resources. Within a small team it is very much the intention that the candidate will have hands on experience of the solution and be able to present and demonstrate how it will enhance the Users ability to execute their tasks. An appreciation of architecture frameworks such as Zachman would be beneficial and lifecycle approaches such as that described by TOGAF. Demonstrable knowledge of at least one development lifecycle approach will be essential.
Experience in the use of a modelling environment is beneficial although training will be provided in the environment used on this project and on other projects within Raytheon.
The business processes implemented will be in the C4i domain in a military context and therefore subject to target environment domain constraints unique to this environment, in particular security and disrupted networks.
The Principal Systems Engineer will report to the Lead Systems Engineer and work closely with the Enterprise Architect. The Principle Systems Engineer will define and participate in the execution of integration test and regulatory compliance testing of the solution. This will extend to client presentations and demonstrations. This role will include collaborative working within a shared environment on multiple sites and is likely to include participation with international and subcontracted tasks. The candidate must have the ability to define and manage tasks both within the team and with subcontracted task leads or with participating team members. This requires well developed organisational and management skills alongside technical skills which facilitate cooperative working.
The Principal Systems Engineer will manage the design model and be responsible for the design, development and implementation of those aspects assigned to their control. The Principle Systems Engineer will support the Lead Systems Engineer in coordinating the other elements of the model and may be required to support acceptance of products and services by third parties.
- Understanding Business Processes and modelling to provide design requirements (Use Cases)
- Evaluation of Solution Architectures, existing and proposed
- Articulation of design constraints, Use of Data, Security and Networks
- Experience of integrating components and applications from 3rd parties and delivering complete operational capabilities;
- Experience of testing distributed IT architectures in a classified environment;
- Appreciation of the limitation of complex virtualised computing environments including both Microsoft and Linux server platforms;
- Experience of commercial and government IT Security environments and requirements including JSP440;
- Success in technical management & leadership;
- Good background experience of software and systems engineering;
- Holder of current SC clearance and prepared to support a DV clearance
- Knowledge of at least one C4i system and its associated business process
- Experience of Integration and testing on Windows and Linux based systems;
- Knowledge of virtualised systems using VMware;
- Knowledge of implementing and validating Active Directory and GPOs to enforce security;
- Interest in, or experience of business transformation through the application of IT
- Knowledge and test experience of GIS, Image processing and map production software such as ESRI ArcGIS or BAE Socet Set;
- Appreciation of stakeholder interests within the development team between Systems Engineering, Software and hardware domains.
- Ability to read across commercial applications into the military domain
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2016 sales of $24 billion and 63,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.