Lead Network and Communication Engineer 111739BR
Lead Network and Communication Engineer with responsibility for defining, designing and delivering military Network and Communication systems.
The successful candidate will be responsible for defining, designing and delivering military Network and Communication systems primarily in the Land Domain but with an emphasis on creating and taking forward joint force capability.
This role will lead the implementation of a Raytheon UK enterprise wide Systems Integration capability initially in support of concept phase demonstration but ultimately leading to the delivery and through life support of integrated solutions.
The role will include customer facing presentation and demonstrations.
The following represents a list of capabilities required. Candidates should have demonstrable experience across a number of the following capabilities, but it is not expected that they will have experience in all.
- Generation of requirements for Network and Communication systems in conjunction with support from systems engineers.
- Design, Documenting and delivery (Test) of Network and Communication systems, including bearers using VLF, HF, VHF, UHF and Satcom.
- Evaluation of existing systems and the presentation of logical transition architectures for scalable solutions extending to dismounted operations.
- Address IP networks including: security; configuration; design; optimisation; routing protocols; and hardware configuration
- Selection and implementation of Network Management Tools
- Use of Requirement Management tools (DOORS preferred).
- Lead creative thought discussion in the absence of defined requirements, generate plausible scenarios for future capability requirements
- Experience of interfacing with Customers
- logically present and manage work packages to provide a coherent capability increments
- manage subcontractor technical deliveries, products and services.
- Although not essential, knowledge of, or awareness of, MODAF/ TOGAF products or equivalent products/lifecycles
- Proven ability to lead small technical teams
- Use of Military Communications Systems
- Cellnet, Bowman, Falcon, Skynet 5/6, maritime comms systems, MANET radio systems.
- Battlefield Management C4i Systems
- Communications Systems Integration
- Military Data Links
- Demonstrable experience of Communication Systems equivalent to Msc or Phd level with interaction with Military Users.
- Clearance to Start SC
- Anticipated that Role will require DV clearance.
- Travel to USA; Across UK
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2016 sales of $24 billion and 63,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.