Senior Configuration and Data Management Engineer
Summary of Role
An exciting development opportunity has arisen for an experienced Configuration Manager to support the growth and development of the Configuration and Data Management team across multiple business areas within the Defence sector. Professional Configuration Management is critical to Raytheon’s continued success, and as such, this role provides good opportunities for personal development including Professional Accreditation.
The successful candidate will also have responsibility for the successful delivery of Configuration and Data Management solutions in support of the varied business needs. This will include the planning, development, establishment and maintenance of hardware, software and documentation artefacts across a multitude of new and legacy systems at multiple business areas and multiple sites.
Provide experience and inputs to grow and develop the Configuration and Data Management Team across multiple sites. Ensure the successful delivery of the Configuration Management (CM) and Data Management (DM) requirements for any given contract Understand, undertake and communicate CM and DM requirements, including skills for any given programme Create Basis of Estimates (BOEs) based on existing Raytheon ‘Best practice’ where possible for any future contract. Create and maintain programme Configuration and Data Management plans. Administer CM and DM solutions supported by established and recognised standards, Raytheon Standard Processes and Practices and Customer requirements as required by the relevant programme security requirements. Create interfaces with all levels of customer and multiple user groups each representing different systems within the programme or business area. Administer Configuration Change Control. Establish maintain and report on the integrity of products or artefacts. Ensure that CM and DM audits are undertaken the results of which support the integrity of products or artefacts. Provide performance related data to support Estimate to Complete (ETC) information required by the programme. Create and maintain performance metrics. Archive, retain and maintain both customer and Raytheon hardware, software and documentation artefacts in a suitable Data Management repository, in accordance with Raytheon standard Processes and Practices. Ensure that Raytheon programme historical build data is stored and maintained in accordance with CM and DM plans. Support programmes through customer liaison both internally and externally whilst ensuring that the appropriate standards and programme protocols are satisfied. Maintain programme alignment by establishing communications with programme personnel as well as through CMDM functional management. Interface with Supply Chain Management as well as staff at suppliers or sub-contractors. Contribute to CMDM functional team strategy. Establish and maintain an agreed regime for management and customer reviews, and report on a regular basis. Provide functional reviews from a CMDM perspective as required. Use Earned Value Management tools, to understand and provide reports on CM and DM performance. Take part in Risk Management reviews as required and report to function. Understand the need for and participate in CMDM training of Raytheon staff with the desired skills necessary to support the business. Look at ‘Reach back’ methods to other Raytheon companies to establish common process, skills, working practices and methodology if applicable. Ability to review and modify existing Raytheon processes or create new processes where necessary which support the business. Take part in Raytheon’s Personal Development Programme where appropriate.
- Proven experience of managing or supervising a small team of CMDM engineers using established methods to achieve goals.
- Proven experience in the ability to manage a complex CMDM task involving multiple sites, multiple systems with multiple user and customer interfaces at all levels.
- Proven experience of providing CM and DM solutions satisfying all aspects of the Design Engineering Life Cycle and beyond into Service Support.
- Appropriate degree qualification or equivalent.
- Experience in the use of Engineering Design Reviews.
- Experience in the use of CM and DM tools, particularly PDM, artefact repositories and document management.
- Conversant with and a working knowledge of CM Standards, eg Def Stan 05-57, EIA 649, ISO 10008, ITIL etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Significant Configuration and Data Management experience exemplified by relevant CM standards, can speak authoritatively on the subject.
- Has knowledge of Configuration Management principles being applied to software as well as hardware development programmes.
- Current SC clearance or eligibility to gain SC clearance and the ability to further obtain DV.
- Excellent Project Management and Financial Management experience and skills.
- Good communicator both written and verbal at all levels of the organisation.
- Experience of working within CMDM in the UK/US Defence sector.
- Self-motivated attitude, able to work functionally or alone on a programme to achieve targets.
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Experience of contributing to staff skills and development needs.
- Able to work within a busy vibrant team.
- Possess the ability to train others – pass on knowledge both within the function and throughout the organisation.
- Comfortable with delivering presentation material to either large or small groups.
- A professional Configuration Management qualification