Senior Systems Engineer
About the role… This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Cyber Innovation Centre Engineering Team, contributing to developing mission critical applications and systems as part of growing team working alongside world class partner organisations.
- Operational administration of Amazon Web Services accounts, services and technologies (other cloud experience will considered)
- Enabling DevOps delivery teams within a cloud environment including administering continuous Integration tools (Jenkins, Selenium)
- Supporting the provision of internal research and development environments using industry standard virtualisation solutions
- Providing advice on AWS operations, security and resilience
- Maintaining required documentation for security accreditation and service metrics
- Leading a team of infrastructure engineers and operational support engineers to deliver scalable, highly-available services
What we are looking for…
Experience with the following tools/technologies:
- Experience managing cloud accounts and services, AWS preferred
- Robust knowledge of Linux administration and deployment fundamentals (Linux Red Hat and CentOS)
- Robust knowledge of Windows administration and deployment fundamentals (Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, Windows 10)
- Robust knowledge of core internet networking protocols, products and architectures (e.g. Cisco and Juniper products)
- Sound knowledge of virtualisation technologies, in particular VMware Vsphere ESXi administration
- Experience with Atlassian tool-suite administration (JIRA, Confluence, Stash, Bamboo etc.) for software development teams
- Best practices for system security monitoring, patching and endpoint protection
- Proven track record of effective team working in a dynamic, software product delivery environment
- Proven track record of operating within an ITIL Service environment, proficient of managing outcomes within a goal driven environment
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton. Increasing demand for our Cyber Security capabilities led to the establishment of our Cyber Innovation Centre in Gloucestershire, which has grown rapidly since opening in late 2014. Additionally in February 2017 we opened our brand new Raytheon Cyber Centre in Manchester to grow our presence in the North. This has created a broad spectrum of roles to support our customers in developing solutions for cyber security, research and mission support both technical and non-technical.
What we can offer you… Ongoing development, with formal and on-the-job training, alongside the following benefits:
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Annual bonus + for this division an additional bonus for maintaining the highest level of government clearance
- 1.30pm finish on a Friday (37 hour week)
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits; such as buy/sell holiday, childcare vouchers, cycle to work, Gymflex and more
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity: Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Security: Due to the nature of Raytheon's commercial government client base, successful candidates will be expected to achieve the appropriate level of clearance specific to their employment.