Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Fundamentals was set up by two engineers in 1992 to solve a problem, and that’s what we’ve been doing ever since. We solve problems by going back to the fundamentals – hence our name! We employ strong intellect; we build great expertise; and we work on the challenges that others avoid.
We are currently recruiting for an Embedded Software Engineer. We think this role would suit an experienced engineer from a small to mid-sized company, but we would welcome candidates from any background who can show us how they can become an essential part of our team.
Applicants will be at an advantage if they have experience in:
- Reading, understanding and communicating technical specifications and drawings
- Sound theoretical of knowledge of software design, test and delivery in a commercial environment (if you can show practical application of this knowledge that would be a plus)
We require a wide range of skills, and would like to hear from candidates interested or experienced in the following:
- Design of software that facilitates automation of regression, functional and unit testing of products
- Type testing of products for compliance with EMC, Safety, mechanical and environmental standards
- Experience of working with protection or control equipment that is powered by and has inputs and outputs operating at 100V dc and/or 230V ac
- Experience of developing drivers for Linux PC or embedded applications
- If you have dabbled in hardware (or want to learn a bit) and could also lend a hand to the hardware team as and when your workload permits that would be an advantage
If you have a knowledge of some of the above areas, a willingness to develop in others, and deliver WOW with a ‘yes we can’ attitude, then we would like to talk with you.