Closing date: 27 Jul 2018
Hours: 40 hours per week
Contract type: Full-time
Location: Hatfield (Head Office)
Ocado Engineering is a huge growth area for Ocado, our innovative and market disrupting technology is changing the face or Automated Engineering and Product Development in the workplace.
We are currently seeking a CAD Technician to bolster our design team.
You will be supporting Technical Integration, Engineering and Logistics Development teams (Business and Engineering Project Managers) with regards to providing conceptual and detailed design drawings, for both new and existing Ocado projects. Assume ownership of As-Built drawings handed over to Ocado from external MHE contractors.
What will I be doing?
- Producing mechanical ‘sales’ layouts at the concept design phase.
- Producing ‘engineering’ layouts at the detailed design phase.
- Where appropriate, providing proposed and/or as-built equipment and infrastructure drawings for inclusion in Vendor designs.
- Carrying out surveys of new and legacy installations across the Ocado Property Portfolio.
- Applying design knowledge and experience of MHE equipment and MHE suppliers for input into mechanical design.
- Being responsible for developing and maintaining Ocado CAD standards.
- Integrating externally produced component drawings into the main Ocado Engineering library.
- Assisting colleagues with design queries.
What would you like me to be able to brag about?
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2D.
- Practiced in MHE Engineering or Architectural or Structural background.
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- An AutoCAD training certificate (Intermediate or above).
- Knowledge of 3D CAD Revit (Other 3D CAD software e.g. Inventor, Solidworks, etc. would also be an advantage).
- Google Docs, MS Office experience.
This role will ultimately suit someone adept with problem solving and a bit of a maths wizard whilst strong commuincation is key, if you feel this is you please do not hesistate to join us at Ocado.
The Ocado Way
At Ocado, in everything we do, we strive to offer the very best to our customers - the best service, the best quality and the very best customer experience. That begins with each and every one of us and how we behave.
Our values are Ocado’s DNA; they act as a guide for everything we say and do. ‘The Ocado Way’ develops our values into the details about the way we do things - how we act and work together with each other and our customers. It describes how you need to behave at work to make a real and positive impact on our success.
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Shares
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn schemes
- Discounted shopping on Ocado.com, Smart Pass and destination site
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.
To find out more about us and to apply for this role, please click the APPLY button.